Opeth = Mainstream, get use to it !

In Flames sold out with Reroute to Remain. Colony has basically the same sound as Clayman and Whoracle, and it has kick-ass songs to boot.

Opeth's most mainstream album would have to be Ghost Reveries. It just sounds way too slick, unlike anything they have done before, in my opinion.

The music scene is such a joke right now, that I would welcome a "real band" like Opeth to be in the mainstream..

Why is it that bands with absolutely no talent like Linkin Park represent that title...they and plenty other so-called bands are making ridiculous amounts of money..when in contrast they're such horrible musicians, who have nothing" to bring to the table".

It would be a nice change to see those "real bands" with musical talent to represent the mainstream..and leave those fake so-called bands in the dust.

people are allowed to like whatever they do. theyre listening to those bands because they enjoy them, and you cant really take that away from them, no matter the level of sophistication on the music or what we are to call it. its just a shame the financial aspect of it is as skew as it is.

^ I agree that people are allowed to like what they want, and I don't have a problem with that. But everyone judges music and decides for themself what is good and what isn't. We do that all the time when we choose not to listen to a particular song, or band, or genre. But there is a seeable difference between most mainstream music and the stuff that most people like on this forum. I don't have a problem with people liking generic mainstream stuff, but I still think it's a shame when it gets all types of awards and so much more money than the less known (and in my opinion) better music.

^ I agree that people are allowed to like what they want, and I don't have a problem with that. But everyone judges music and decides for themself what is good and what isn't. We do that all the time when we choose not to listen to a particular song, or band, or genre. But there is a seeable difference between most mainstream music and the stuff that most people like on this forum. I don't have a problem with people liking generic mainstream stuff, but I still think it's a shame when it gets all types of awards and so much more money than the less known (and in my opinion) better music.

Droppin' truth bombs :p

the Main stream is so big that Opeth can't fit in it, with their hair and all!