Opeth = Mainstream, get use to it !

"They remain a fixture of radio playlists and are one of the world's best selling bands, having sold over 200 million records world wide"

/wikipedia

what? who?

if you talk about ABBA, they had sold 200 million album when they split up in 1983, and hve doubled it since then.

btw Swedish folks, £1200 are enough to live in Sweden?
Finland and Sweden are both quite expensive countries because of tax rates. However, both have a high social security so I guess even Mikael and the band brobably enjoy - or have enjoyed - some of the fruits of the so called Nordic model. Furthermore, because of the tax systems are progressive, they're not forced to pay that much.

i dont care. im glad they are "mainstream". that means i can buy their stuff without having to order it from over seas. and that there are plenty of band shirts avalable. unlike some bands.... *cough* vintersorg*cough cough*

Yeah, but Colony was fucking awesome. Anyway, Opeth only got a little bit mainstream with Watershed and a little bit with Ghost Reveries.

Yeah, but Colony was fucking awesome. Anyway, Opeth only got a little bit mainstream with Watershed and a little bit with Ghost Reveries.

If talking about this alleged Opeth mainstream thing, if Opeth were a tightly commercial band they'd had started with material like Damnation in the first place.