Opeth = Mainstream, get use to it !

after reading some of detric's other posts, im convinced this one was a joke. i've been had.

Woods of Ypres have an album out now?
nice, I enjoyed their mp3s from mp3.com a year ago or whatever.

Anyone who enjoys Opeth should most likely enjoy Agalloch alot...I know I do...Agalloch made me the man I am today, my life wouldn't be the same without them. Pick up Pale Folklore and the Mantle NOW!

Skullzz said:
So is Canada's army, US international relations, and Courtney Love's criminal record, but I only laugh at the last one. Ok, so sometimes Canada's army gets a chuckle out of me too.
Good thing our tax paying money is being put to something more usefull like HEALTHCARE rather than a greater pointless peacekeeping army which we have now or a blind army of hypocrite wannabe terrorists led by a bunch of stupid old american hicks who are trying to get their last kicks in before the old age home. Good thing we have clean water that we can sell to the dirty scum below us.. hahah what a fuckin deal.

yeh you win... canada does suck I agree
wait we have some of the best and most productive pot operations
our pot can generally be traded for the same weight as american cocaine .. hahah

So we are fucked in time of war, with nothing but a bunch of water and cheap ass pot growing coke heads from B.C. to defend us ...... but hey we have healthcare :Smug:

I'm totaly moving to Canada. Good pot + Woods of Ypres + (Cryptopsy+Lord Worm) = UTOPIA!!!

Oh yeah... Moonlapse should close this thread, it's totaly off topic :D

Decadent said:
I'm not much of a Katatonia fan but Viva Emptiness > LFDGD

While we're on recommendations... check out the new Woods of Ypres album... available from The End Records... you won't be disapointed.

Well I ordered Mantle and Viva Emptiness and they will be coming in the mail on friday. Checking out Woods now.

I'll let you know how I like all of it. That is, if this thread is still open by then :D

Hello. I have been an Opeth fan since I bought My Arms Your Hearse. All I did was walk into the music shop and bought the first album of any band I could find in the Metal section (This is how I discover most of my music). I had enough money for two albums so I also bought Morningrise. I got home and put the CDs in the DVD player and it was pure epic awesome, which is the best I can define the feeling. Since I bought MAYH and Morningrise I was exposed to both of the primary influences of their music. About one week later I returned to the store and bought Damnation. At first I was disappointed that none of their heavier stuff was on this album, but now I think it is one of their best studio albums. Opeth has taught me the most I know about music today. After 2 years of playing guitar I could play When all the way through. Music has many rules, almost all of which are negotiable.

The above paragraph is a story of how I discovered Opeth and their influence on the music I hope to produce in the near future. Below is my opinion on the topic.

I believe that a band like Opeth would release a mainstream album for the purpose of making enough money to continue producing the music the true fans have already learned to love.

Opeth Forever.

Good thing our tax paying money is being put to something more usefull like HEALTHCARE rather than a greater pointless peacekeeping army which we have now or a blind army of hypocrite wannabe terrorists led by a bunch of stupid old american hicks who are trying to get their last kicks in before the old age home. Good thing we have clean water that we can sell to the dirty scum below us.. hahah what a fuckin deal.

yeh you win... canada does suck I agree
wait we have some of the best and most productive pot operations
our pot can generally be traded for the same weight as american cocaine .. hahah

So we are fucked in time of war, with nothing but a bunch of water and cheap ass pot growing coke heads from B.C. to defend us ...... but hey we have healthcare :Smug:

Thumbs up my fellow canuck......nice bc or qc buds with Opeth, all hail....speaking of which I think i will go indulge myself with both at the moment.....album:Morningrise

:headbang: to healthcare

Tool = mainstream
Radiohead = mainstream
Kanye West = mainstream
Opeth = not even fucking close

facepalm.jpg

^Welcome on board.
I don't want Opeth to go mainstream cause it will influence them in a bad way !

dont worry, even if Opeth would somehow go mainstream they will still be just Opeth :D no force on earth could make em go commercial :p

what the heck?

yeah, you can't like a band once they have got many fans!?
stupid thread tbh.

I wish Opeth all the fame and glory in the world they deserve, and I certainly don't hold Opeth for myself, but tries to get all of my friends to listen to it instead. and it works.

guess you could blame me then for making people like Opeth.

what the heck?

yeah, you can't like a band once they have got many fans!?
stupid thread tbh.

I wish Opeth all the fame and glory in the world they deserve, and I certainly don't hold Opeth for myself, but tries to get all of my friends to listen to it instead. and it works.

guess you could blame me then for making people like Opeth.

no no ! but you know what happen to bands who went mainstream don't you? It just has effects on everyone in different scales... although I believe Opeth won't be like that... but who fucking knows.