Opeth = Mainstream, get use to it !

dorian gray said:
that was probably me. i meant, generally, opeths fanbase consists of those who prefer "what we *really* sound like" (mike on the dvd). damnation was the anomoly. i may be wrong though, i wish there were some numbers we could look at. damnation fans may far outnumber the "heavy" fans. i was just going by the general feel of the forum. didnt mean to offend.

I suspect you'd find the demographic to be very skewed on this forum, compared to ALL of Opeth fans--that being because I have a feeling that a lot of the Damnation fans choose not to post in this forum, or end up abandoning it very quickly.

did you tade in your symhpony x cd yet? :)

I've decided to hang on to it for now. I just won't be getting any more, but it wasn't a BAD album or anything.

i wish more people at my school knew about opeth.

And how mainstream will their next album be guys... two 30 minute black metal epics.... that will for sure get mtv play!

(thats still the plan for the new album right?)

^Hey, if Mike's said he's working on four different songs now, how the hell is that going to be the plan for the next album? Don't expect that, except if Mike glues all the stuff he's gathering together like in the old times, which won't happen either. The new album will be made up of up to 8 songs (one of them being an instrumental) and not a single song will reach the 10 minute mark. Lyrically and musically it will be the best of their albums, I hope.

warsofwinter said:
That message has the ingredients to destroy the meaning behind all the useless babbling going on here and possibly this board all together
why dont you and mr neil and anyone else who is not interested in this thread or this topic move on to something else. why post here? seriously?
start a new thread or something.

This is pathetic. Waaaaaaah! Damnation and Blackwater Park mean that Opeth have sold out! I only want me to know about Opeth! ME! JUST ME! NOT YOU, NONE OF YOU, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED! ITS MINE! ALL MINE!
Jeez, if theres one thing "metal-heads" love to do its bitch and whine...well do you know what? Call it selling-out if you want, but Damnation is one of their favourite albums...or was it even their favourite (i forget)? Maybe that means that it was albums such as Morningrise were the real 'sell-outs' (Mikael says himself on that everyone else was doing that style, and now he cant stand the album), and Opeth is only finally doing what they want? Maybe who the hell cares? Maybe you just cant stand that you dont LIKE IT as much as other albums (eg. complaints over BwP), so you feel the need to attack anyone that does?
Maybe you really just cant stand that Opeth did something you didnt expect, made an Opeth album that can appeal to a wide variety of music tastes, while still having that unique quality that attracted every single person in this forum to them.
Maybe its none of that. Maybe im wrong. Maybe im over-thinking this. Maybe its not about 'selling-out' at all. Mabye you're just plain stupid!
Wait, that last sentence doesn't need a 'maybe'....

Detric said:
Your right Deadlift, but Ive been a Opeth fan for some time now....And in the start I just had this special feeling when I was listening to Opeth. Cause not many people knew them, but now everybody talks about them...Where I live...And I just lost that feeling. I know that you guys dont care, but this is very hard for me :yell:

OMGZ YAY I LISTN TO MUSIK DAT TEH EVERY1 ELSE DOES NOT KNO!!111!111@3

:err: Come on now.

Opeth deserves the recognition they are getting, plain and simple. Besides, they're not quite a household name like you seem to believe. I've introduced plenty of people to Opeth, who had never even heard of them before I send them samples. I believe two of them now own all the albums, one has Lamentations too.

abcdefg said:
it's a joke

So is Canada's army, US international relations, and Courtney Love's criminal record, but I only laugh at the last one. Ok, so sometimes Canada's army gets a chuckle out of me too.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
This is pathetic. Waaaaaaah! Damnation and Blackwater Park mean that Opeth have sold out! I only want me to know about Opeth! ME! JUST ME! NOT YOU, NONE OF YOU, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED! ITS MINE! ALL MINE!
Fuck off Kiwi.

Rose Immortal said:
I have a feeling that a lot of the Damnation fans choose not to post in this forum, or end up abandoning it very quickly
Damn, why the fuck are we still on here??? :D

Illnath said:
Maybe you should recommend them some Agalloch

I've been checking out some samples of their music as of late and thinking of picking up Mantle. What's your opinion on this album??

/thread hijack

the only people who knew who opeth were at my school were me, and my following friends: chris, phil, jack, and richard.
of course none of you know them, but the point is i had to tell them who they were. i guarentee you that no one else knew of them or what metal was though.