OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

"if" he did this then he would be better off tucked in the wresteling pages of history. i find it truley disgusting "if " this is true and then they devoted 3 hours to his wrestleing life story. ok you have a problem with your spouse and things get out of hand and you kill her/him. that fucked up shit happens unfortunatly to people of all walks of life and usually there is a lot of behind the scenes foul play that was going on but,to kill your kid. now that is really fucked up.

i don't have cable so i didn't see raw but, i'm assuming that vince wasn't there to say anything about chris' life with the wwe because they're still running with the pathetic story line that he blew up and died last week.

just sad all around

"if" he did this then he would be better off tucked in the wresteling pages of history. i find it truley disgusting "if " this is true and then they devoted 3 hours to his wrestleing life story. ok you have a problem with your spouse and things get out of hand and you kill her/him. that fucked up shit happens unfortunatly to people of all walks of life and usually there is a lot of behind the scenes foul play that was going on but,to kill your kid. now that is really fucked up.

i don't have cable so i didn't see raw but, i'm assuming that vince wasn't there to say anything about chris' life with the wwe because they're still running with the pathetic story line that he blew up and died last week.

just sad all around

Raw was canceled last night. It started off with Vince in the ring saying that his story line was fake and that Benoit and his family dying was real. Vince looked very upset and cracked up a bit at the end. I'm not sure that when Raw went to air at 7, that it was known that it was a murder-suicide.

Hopefully, they'll just drop the Vince angle. Kind of like when Eddie died, they dropped the angle where Chavo was pretending to be a white guy named Kerwin.

Raw was canceled last night. It started off with Vince in the ring saying that his story line was fake and that Benoit and his family dying was real. Vince looked very upset and cracked up a bit at the end. I'm not sure that when Raw went to air at 7, that it was known that it was a murder-suicide.

Hopefully, they'll just drop the Vince angle. Kind of like when Eddie died, they dropped the angle where Chavo was pretending to be a white guy named Kerwin.

That angle with Chavo being Kerwin White cracked me up. He was like the typical, rich white dude. They really could have done something with that story.

wow....THIS IS REAL SAD

It looks like its true, He apparently strangled his wife, smotherd his son, and hung himself the next day (monday). WWE had alerted LAWENFORCEMENT to check on his home, after some wrestlers got some disturbing text messages from him....this really is unthinkable, he was obiously very troubled.

heres a recent news link
http://www.optonline.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=292815

I only watch the last hour of raw everyweek. I use to be a religious wrestling fan watching ECW, wcw, and WWF in their prime.

Can someone please tell me what he was doing recently in wrestling?
Was he on raw or smackdown, did he lose any titles recently?
Was his storyline good, or was it some rediculous wwe storyline?

There is a problem with the lifestyle of most wrestlers. They have a very demanding schedule. They are on the road all the time and seldom have a normal routine. In general this can develop depression among other things. He may or may not have been using steroids and pain killers but a lot of wrestlers do. When you throw in depression with pain killers and steroids it can wreak havoc on a body. If you look at the history of pro wrestling, suicide and overdosing seems to be a common theme.

There is a problem with the lifestyle of most wrestlers. They have a very demanding schedule. They are on the road all the time and seldom have a normal routine. In general this can develop depression among other things. He may or may not have been using steroids and pain killers but a lot of wrestlers do. When you throw in depression with pain killers and steroids it can wreak havoc on a body. If you look at the history of pro wrestling, suicide and overdosing seems to be a common theme.

I agree!

I just love when people judge someone they don't even know. :rolleyes:

What Benoit did was wrong, no doubt, but we don't know all the details.

NO ONE KILLS THEIR WIFE AND CHILDREN WITHOUT THERE BEING A REASON!

No one who is 100% mentally stable could murder a 7 year old child!

Before certain people assume that he was some monster, let's wait and see what, if any, details about his personal life are made public. Let's wait and see what drove him to this. Let's wait and see if he had a history of mental illness. It wouldn't excuse his actions, but at least it would explain them.

Anyway, I'm still in shock. This has to be the most fucked up real life story in wrestling history.

Before certain people assume that he was some monster, let's wait and see what, if any, details about his personal life are made public. Let's wait and see what drove him to this. Let's wait and see if he had a history of mental illness. It wouldn't excuse his actions, but at least it would explain them.

Anyway, I'm still in shock. This has to be the most fucked up real life story in wrestling history.

THIS

I thought steroids were illegal. How do you get a legal prescription for them? If it happens that steroids did cause this, then it will be a bigger shame but there are just too many of these murder/suicides these days for me. There was a guy last week who killed himself and his two daughters that worked for my buildings management company. I said the same thing about him - suicide first, murder second. If you kill yourself, that is definitely sad but I just don't have it in me to be overly symathetic when you kill your family too.

indeed

I thought steroids were illegal. How do you get a legal prescription for them? If it happens that steroids did cause this, then it will be a bigger shame but there are just too many of these murder/suicides these days for me. There was a guy last week who killed himself and his two daughters that worked for my buildings management company. I said the same thing about him - suicide first, murder second. If you kill yourself, that is definitely sad but I just don't have it in me to be overly symathetic when you kill your family too.

Steroids heal thousands of people ever day. Its all about dosage and if people abuse them.

My girlfriend was just on a steroid for a week because of some badly inflamed muscles.

Steroids heal thousands of people ever day. Its all about dosage and if people abuse them.

My girlfriend was just on a steroid for a week because of some badly inflamed muscles.

- Once again, Ballard said Nancy Benoit was killed sometime on Friday, Daniel on Saturday morning, and Benoit killed himself Saturday night.

- According to the medical examiner, Nancy was found with bruise marks on her back which is consistent with a knee being placed on her back, bruising on the front of her body suggesting she had been pressed against the floor, and her neck indicated she had been strangled.

- There is no indication Daniel tried to make contact with anyone after his mother had been killed.

- There were needle marks in Daniel’s arm, suggesting he was taking growth hormones for quite sometime.

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.

- Text messages from Benoit indicated that Nancy and Daniel were sick (probably sent when Nancy and Daniel had already been killed), and one messaged indicated that the pets needed to be let out.

- Dr. Alan Lipman, also interviewed by CNN, suggested that in the past, Benoit was breaking up the furniture in the home and threatening Nancy.

Certain steroids are illegal, but not all. I've personally used perscribed steriods.

No one's asking you to feel sorry for Chris Benoit. All I'm saying is that there was obviously a serious mental health issue that lead to it. Something that you may not understand if you haven't been through it yourself.