OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

- Once again, Ballard said Nancy Benoit was killed sometime on Friday, Daniel on Saturday morning, and Benoit killed himself Saturday night.

- According to the medical examiner, Nancy was found with bruise marks on her back which is consistent with a knee being placed on her back, bruising on the front of her body suggesting she had been pressed against the floor, and her neck indicated she had been strangled.

- There is no indication Daniel tried to make contact with anyone after his mother had been killed.

- There were needle marks in Daniel’s arm, suggesting he was taking growth hormones for quite sometime.

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.

- Text messages from Benoit indicated that Nancy and Daniel were sick (probably sent when Nancy and Daniel had already been killed), and one messaged indicated that the pets needed to be let out.

- Dr. Alan Lipman, also interviewed by CNN, suggested that in the past, Benoit was breaking up the furniture in the home and threatening Nancy.

This whole thing just keeps getting worse.

I just noticed that WWE.com has removed all traces of Benoit from the site except a little blurb with the latest news reports on the situation. His profile's gone, his merchandise is gone, even his match with MVP has been removed from the description of the Wrestlemania DVD and all over DVDs. Definitely the right thing to do though. He was the best at what he did but it's talent, he was born with it, and now he's gone and thrown it away. Not only that though, he has taken two innocent lives with him, one a 7-year old boy, with his whole life ahead of him. Fuck him.

A few days ago, he was considered one of the best of all time, today, he's considered a scumbag.:rolleyes:

Mental illness is a disease. When someone developes cancer, they're not called weak or treated like shit.

Again, I am not defending his actions, I am merely pointing out that the man was obviously sick. Their is a huge misconception in this country when it comes to mental illness. People assume that it's something they can control. Before it can be controlled, it first has to be diagnosed.

Fact is, some people are more likely to develop mental illness due to their genetic makeup. They may not be aware that there is anything wrong.

Im Still In ShocK

I Dont Know What To Think...

And I Heard That Vince is Going To Apologize(Sp?) For The Tribute....And They Are Not Going To Do Tributes Anymore

Im Still In ShocK

I Dont Know What To Think...

And I Heard That Vince is Going To Apologize(Sp?) For The Tribute....And They Are Not Going To Do Tributes Anymore

I read that too, he's going to apologize on ECW tonight. I think that's a bad move. They have nothing to apologize for. When they put the show together, they didn't have the information that they have today. I get not wanting to do another tribute, but why apologize for paying tribute to one of the best wrestlers of all time?

What he did this weekend doesn't change the fact that he was as good, if not better, than anybody that ever stepped into the ring.

I'm still in shock too. This will take a while to really sink in.

Well said Mikey. Too easy to judge so early when all the facts aren't there.

And I know from experiences with friends that Mental illness (though not an excuse or condoning fatal violence) is a terrible disease that affects many.

Condolenses to all the family and friends of the deceased. Most of all I feel for poor little 7 year old Daniel (his son) who will never get to grow up and experience life for himself.

Absolutely tragic :(

Condolenses to all the family and friends of the deceased. Most of all I feel for poor little 7 year old Daniel (his son) who will never get to grow up and experience life for himself.

Absolutely tragic :(

Absolutely. I have been wondering about his other kids, how are they reacting to this? I know they didn't live with him at the time, but they have to be confused as hell right now.

They aren't speaking of him tonight as per McMahon and they've already pulled his profile from the WWE website. I appreciate the fact that they aren't glorifying him. This is a terrible tragedy and certainly doesn't deserve a celebration of his career. That would be in bad taste.

Just consider the horror for that boy between Friday and Saturday...the whole thing disgusts me.

I just noticed that WWE.com has removed all traces of Benoit from the site except a little blurb with the latest news reports on the situation. His profile's gone, his merchandise is gone, even his match with MVP has been removed from the description of the Wrestlemania DVD and all over DVDs. Definitely the right thing to do though. He was the best at what he did but it's talent, he was born with it, and now he's gone and thrown it away. Not only that though, he has taken two innocent lives with him, one a 7-year old boy, with his whole life ahead of him. Fuck him.

I agree...fuck him.

A few days ago, he was considered one of the best of all time, today, he's considered a scumbag.:rolleyes:

Mental illness is a disease. When someone developes cancer, they're not called weak or treated like shit.

Again, I am not defending his actions, I am merely pointing out that the man was obviously sick. Their is a huge misconception in this country when it comes to mental illness. People assume that it's something they can control. Before it can be controlled, it first has to be diagnosed.

Fact is, some people are more likely to develop mental illness due to their genetic makeup. They may not be aware that there is anything wrong.

You are right that mental illness isn't treated the same as other illnesses, no matter what that mental illness is - addictions, depression, etc. Regardless, murder/suicide seems to be a trend these days. I don't recall hearing about these types of cases 10 years ago. Now its seems to be just about every other week you hear about some new murder/suicide.

All I can imagine is being Daniel, even if he didn't know what happened to his mother, knew that his father smothered him to death. Or the woman in Texas, I believe, who drowned her 5 children. She had to chase the older kids around the house to get them into the tub. Those kids suffered real terror before they died. I know longer pay attention to the fact that something may not have been right with the person who committed the act because I'm too busy being horrified at the sheer terror that the kids suffered before they died, sad but true.

I used to like OJ Simpson as an actor until he killed his wife but I don't like him any more either.

i agree but, if i find out i have cancer tomorrow i'm not going to kill my wife and kid.
he was a great wrestler and no one can deny him that .

i had a best friend who had mental health issues when we got into our mid
30's
he withdrew from everyone and after a while his family convinced him to seek help. he was doing good after a while, working, got himself an apartment was calling people to hangout. then one saturday morning he wrote a note, drank a glass of antifreeze and, killed himself. we never seen it coming at that point in time. that fucked me up so bad that i ended up in rehab after a nasty bout with my demons. i had to learn a lot about suicide and depression that i wasn't ready to learn. about 6 months later an elder family member commited suicide in the drive way of their home by running a hose from the tailpipe of the car into a side window. he was to proud to live with parkinson's disease and be cared for.

when i hear stories like this it is just too sad.not because we lost a great wrestler but what it will do his his other kid's and family. i wonder if the wwe will take some sort of stance or just try and keep it out of their game plan going forward.

i'm interested to see what they do.

Regardless, murder/suicide seems to be a trend these days. I don't recall hearing about these types of cases 10 years ago. Now its seems to be just about every other week you hear about some new murder/suicide.

It may not have been covered as often by the news, but it was happening.

Yes, mental illness is something that most of us here can't grasp, at least not to Benoit's point, but the fucking piece of shit had enough smarts left to call and say his family was sick or whatever so he couldn't wrestle in the ppv. That to me sounds like a guy who knew what the fuck was going on. I feel so bad for the family and what his wife and son had to go through. Like eighteeschick said, there is just way too much of this shit happening lately.

Edit - Here is a link to a timeline of Sat - Mon on the WWE's website about Benoit. That fucker had plenty of sense as to what he was doing, fuck him, I hope he rots in hell.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/detailedbenoittimeline