OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

I just read that USA Network wants to expand WWE Raw to 3 hours starting this fall. Apparently, WWE is not excited about the idea, but it would bring in more money for them.

I remember when WCW Monday Nitro went to 3 hours. At the time, I loved it. I don't know if I could hang with it every week for 3 hours now though. I'm having a hard enough time staying awake for 2 hours! Hopefully, they would start the show earlier, rather than end it later.

What do you think, is it a good idea?

I have been reading so many articles since the whole Benoit thing about wrestlers taking steroids, pain killers, not having time to recuperate in between matches, etc. I just read another article today where someone said wrestling should have to go in front of Congress but I don't see that happening nor do I think Congress should get involved. But I do think that wrestlers should get some sort of health insurance outside of payment for injuries sustained on the job and a pension plan.

Anyway, I would be fine with 3 hours of wrestling but then they should make Smackdown and Raw one show so that the same wrestlers aren't abused every week. Leave ECW as its own show. However, we know that won't happen.

I have been reading so many articles since the whole Benoit thing about wrestlers taking steroids, pain killers, not having time to recuperate in between matches, etc. I just read another article today where someone said wrestling should have to go in front of Congress but I don't see that happening nor do I think Congress should get involved. But I do think that wrestlers should get some sort of health insurance outside of payment for injuries sustained on the job and a pension plan.

Anyway, I would be fine with 3 hours of wrestling but then they should make Smackdown and Raw one show so that the same wrestlers aren't abused every week. Leave ECW as its own show. However, we know that won't happen.

I agree that they should provide wrestlers with insurance, but truth be told, most of them make enough to pay for insurance on their own, they just don't think about it until it's too late. (Of course I'm talking about WWE performers, not indies!)

I think that having a 3 hour show that involved both Raw and Smackdown would allow more wrestlers to be involved in each show and would help cut down on using the same few guys over and over. They could afford to give people more time off when needed and give someone else a shot at the main event matches.

Good idea! Maybe you should work in talent relations instead of creative!:)

Has anyone seen what they busted Benoit's doctor for? He allegedly perscribed steriods for people just under their initials. Two of the intials are O.G. and M.J.

They are saying that they believe O.G. is currently under WWE contract and M.J. is a former WCW wrestler that went to WWE and is now out of the business.

Did a little searching and thinking and I believe O.G. would have to be Oscar Gutierrez A.K.A. Rey Mysterio, and the only name I could come up with for M.J. is Mark Jindrak. (Marty Jennetty I don't think would count.)

Also, they claim that Benoit was perscribed 10 months worth of steriods every three to four weeks between May 4, 2006 and May 9, 2007! That is a staggering amount! They still don't believe "roid rage" is completely responsible for what happened, but at this point I think such heavy usage had to have had an effect on his overall mental state.

Either way, it looks like Rey Mysterio may have some problems on the horizon. If you recall, he was also named in the Sports Illustrated steriod article a while back.

NOOOO

Fucken Rey...Way TO Fuck Up

In all fairness, I really don't believe that Rey has done anything that the majority of the roster hasn't been doing. I just hope that they can prevent another tragedy before it's too late, not just in Rey's case, but throughout wrestling and sports.

- from Jorge Uribe: During ecw tonight, they replayed the CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro match from Vengeance, and when fans chanted "we want Benoit," they replace it with "ECW, ECW" chants

- from Jorge Uribe: During ecw tonight, they replayed the CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro match from Vengeance, and when fans chanted "we want Benoit," they replace it with "ECW, ECW" chants

That's pretty lame, but I get why they did it. Why replay the match anyway? I didn't watch ECW last night, is there a reason they replayed this match?

I've seen a theory being bounced around in the Benoit case, that maybe Nancy Benoit killed their son. Chris Benoit, after finding his son dead, killed her, then killed himself. I know this doesn't fit the original timeline, but sometimes these things get mixed up early on in the investigation.

I wonder if this would change people's views or opinions of Chris Benoit if it turned out to be true.

"TMZ has learned that current WWE SmackDown wrestler Rey Mysterio (real name: Oscar Gutierrez) and former WWE wrestler Mark Jindrak, are the two other wrestlers named in an indictment against Dr. Phil Astin, the physician currently involved in the Chris Benoit double murder/suicide investigation."

"TMZ has learned that current WWE SmackDown wrestler Rey Mysterio (real name: Oscar Gutierrez) and former WWE wrestler Mark Jindrak, are the two other wrestlers named in an indictment against Dr. Phil Astin, the physician currently involved in the Chris Benoit double murder/suicide investigation."

Looks like I guessed right.

*edit* TMZ just pulled the story. Not sure why.

I've seen a theory being bounced around in the Benoit case, that maybe Nancy Benoit killed their son. Chris Benoit, after finding his son dead, killed her, then killed himself. I know this doesn't fit the original timeline, but sometimes these things get mixed up early on in the investigation.

I wonder if this would change people's views or opinions of Chris Benoit if it turned out to be true.

Sure it would. Most wrestling fans opinion is that killing his wife COULD be somewhat understandable. Especially if something like that would've happened. It's the killing of a defenceless child that makes him a monster.