OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

I've seen a theory being bounced around in the Benoit case, that maybe Nancy Benoit killed their son. Chris Benoit, after finding his son dead, killed her, then killed himself. I know this doesn't fit the original timeline, but sometimes these things get mixed up early on in the investigation.

I wonder if this would change people's views or opinions of Chris Benoit if it turned out to be true.

I thought the police put her time of death as the day before the son's. Would make it difficult for her to have done it if she was already dead for 24 hours.

I thought the police put her time of death as the day before the son's. Would make it difficult for her to have done it if she was already dead for 24 hours.

That's why I mentioned that the timeline may be wrong. I'm not saying that I believe this theory, but it's possible...at least as possible as any other theory out there.

I'm so behind on TNA storylines. I haven't seen it in a while. My husband has been watching the past few weeks on Tivo. Though, I heard that the Bound for Glory PPV might be held in Chicago in October. If so, we're definitely going.

I was way behind on TNA too until watching last night for the first time in quite a while. I didn't know half of what was going on and was surprised to see that Samoa Joe is the X-Division Champion again. I thought they were keeping him in the Heavyweight title division last time I watched.

Well Thats Fn Dumb...Just Keep Him As A Credible Monster

Beef Wellington, 44, a former tag team partner of Chris Benoit, was found dead on the morning 6/24 by his parents, the same day it is believed Chris Benoit ended his life. Benoit and Wellington were international tag team champions in the late 80's. Wellington's daughter is training to become a pro wrestler with Ross Hart.

I heard about that, I don't know how close they were recently.

I agree, keep Abyss the way he was. This reminds me of when they unmasked Kane, he hasn't had the same impact since.

Tonight’s ‘Nancy Grace’ on CNN Headline News has focused much of its discussion on Dr. Phil Astin being investigated for his possible involvement in the death of Johnny Grudge (Mike Durham). It was noted earlier in the program, that toxicology reports in the Benoit case are due sometime this week.

TNA has sent a letter to the California Athletic Commission wanting to run shows in the state, and apparently that all wrestlers would be tested.

Thank FUCKEN GOD....FInally

TNA has sent a letter to the California Athletic Commission wanting to run shows in the state, and apparently that all wrestlers would be tested.

"Tested" like they do in WWE? If they do real testing, Scott Steiner is out.

"Tested" like they do in WWE? If they do real testing, Scott Steiner is out.

You mean Big Poppa Roid??

So, I work for a med school and every so often, our office of compliance sends us a little notice reminding us of the anonymous whistleblower hotline. In the notice, they give examples of some recent Department of Justice cases that illustrate stuff we should be looking out for (research misconduct, patient confidentiality breaches). Guess what case they used in yesterday's notice to illustrate prescription fraud? Yep.

You mean Big Poppa Roid??

So, I work for a med school and every so often, our office of compliance sends us a little notice reminding us of the anonymous whistleblower hotline. In the notice, they give examples of some recent Department of Justice cases that illustrate stuff we should be looking out for (research misconduct, patient confidentiality breaches). Guess what case they used in yesterday's notice to illustrate prescription fraud? Yep.

You could have told them the story, I'm sure.

Guess what case they used in yesterday's notice to illustrate prescription fraud? Yep.

Seems to be a hot topic the last couple of weeks, eh? I really feel that if ANYTHING positive comes from this tragedy, it will be a higher public awareness of what performance enhancement drugs can do to someones mind. It'll be interesting as a wrestling fan to see what kind of long term impact this might have on how wrestling is presented as far as pushing guys just because they have a huge build.

Anybody catch Larry King last night? He had John Cena, Chris Jericho, Steve Blackman, Ted DiBiase, and Bret Hart on to talk about the Benoit case. I found it interesting how even those who weren't working for WWE (other than Bret Hart at times) still seem to tow the company line. Cena I get. Jericho doesn't surprise me, since it seems very likely that he'll be returning sooner or later, but Steve Blackman could have basically said anything he wanted about Vince McMahon or drug usage in the company, but he didn't say anything negative about WWE at all. That tells me one of three things, either...
1. Steve Blackman is under the impression that if he says nice things about WWE, he may get another shot in the company...
2. He doesn't want to come off bitter or didn't want to upset the other wrestlers there at the time...
or
3. He genuinely has nothing but good things to say about WWE.

Call me crazy, but I believe it may be #3! Could it be that WWE isn't really that bad of a place of employment?

So, what do you think?