OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

ha ha you were so wrong. pretty damn funny, i didn't see that one coming !

and an added bonus.....

time to get on the hoooooooo traaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn !!!

[FONT=verdana,]Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling will host its first-ever talent audition for prospective wrestlers on Monday, October 29 at noon in the "iMPACT Zone" at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

Each participant will have the chance to showcase their talents, learn what TNA is looking for, and present any video footage and a resume to TNA Director of Talent Relations Terry Taylor,

Prospective wrestlers must be 18 or older, in good health and must sign a release as well as present proper identification. The cost of the tryout is $250 in advance. To register for the event, visit www.shoptna.com

This is your chance to take advantage of a rare opportunity to step into the "iMPACT Zone" and TNA's signature six-sided ring.

[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,]Perhaps the greatest wrestler in the history of the business
announced his retirement plans this afternoon. Ric Flair said
he will hang up his boots next year during a press conference
in Dover, DE, at the NASCAR Busch Series. He cited that
he wanted to spend more time with his family: "I've earned
the right to retire on my own terms, but I don't see myself as
bigger than the WWE. If it works into a storyline that works with
the program, then I'm happy with it. If not, we just walk away
one day and say goodbye." On how he would like to walk away:
"If I could write that script, I would just say that I would be in a
marquee position...I would like to wrestle a marquee guy, a big
name, in my last match. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker,
John Cena...I would love to wrestle in a marquee position in a
marquee match and just have my finest hour."

[/FONT]

ok heres my review of capitol punishment in richmond va from friday sept. 21

the good:
-senshi vs ruckus was the best match of the night. lots of crazy spots and a good wrestling match. its easy to see these 2 guys have trained for years in the indy circuit. senshi won :)

- aj styles vs joey (mercury) matthews was the 2nd best match of the night. aj didn't do a lot of high flying and it was more of a ground match with a lot of submission holds which i thought was weird for these 2 guys but it worked.it was advertised that rick steamboat would be the ref. steamboat was there and made an appearance but was not in this match aj lost :mad:

-dlo brown vs abyss was a pretty good match. nothing spectacular just solid. i have no clue why tna hasn't rehired dlo. i guess they are too busy wanting washed up old superstars. dlo won due to disqualification after abyss hit him with a chair

-david young and daffney vs gail kim and jake manning was a decent match. it was good to see david young again and i love daffney and shes so hott so that was great to see her. gail kim did a few good moves but wasn't tagged in a lot. her partner sucked and has a boyscott gimmick. daffney and young did classic heel tactics. daffney and young won

-hernandez high fived the shit out of my hand, i think he thought i was part mexican

- a few good pics i'll try to post on here

- ron simmons was there and said damn

the bad (theres a lot here):
- team macktion vs LAX was advertised and me and my friends really wanted to see this match. they just put both teams in the war games main event instead

- the 8 man over the top rope match was stupid. it was all unknown names and whover won got to fight joey matthews the next night. at the end aj styles was the 8th man and he won. pretty boring match though

- the 10 man war games was a joke. you had jbl's team of basically skilled wrestlers (LAX, steve corino, cw anderson, elix skipper) vs sgt slaughters team of 2 young guys who were good trying to make a name for themselves (team macktion) and 3 old fossils who can't wrestle anymore (steiner brothers and dustin rhodes) . hernandez and homicide along with team macktion carried the match. sgt slughters team won in a very wwe fashion. the captains were allowed to participate if needed and jbl ran in to help his team and slaughter got him in the cobra clutch and he tapped out

- the merchandise both was bad compared to last year. only 5 different t shirts. 3 were scott steiner shirts and then an lax shirt and a daffney shirt. i wanted an aj styles shirt.

- our $35 seats were worst than the $10 general admission due to our view of the main ring being blocked by the secondary war games ring

- last year was just basically a TNA house show and the audience was guys who were there to watch wrestling and knew about wrestling. i never saw a single john cena shirt. this year due to jbl, ron simmons and sgt slaughter being participating more promotion was put in and there was a lot of little kids (hardly any last year) wearing cena shirts and a bunch of rejected wwe fans. more than half of the audience had no clue who the wrestlers were until the steiner brothers and dustin rhodes came out and it ruined the atmosphere.

ok heres my review of capitol punishment in richmond va from friday sept. 21

the good:
-senshi vs ruckus was the best match of the night. lots of crazy spots and a good wrestling match. its easy to see these 2 guys have trained for years in the indy circuit. senshi won :)

- aj styles vs joey (mercury) matthews was the 2nd best match of the night. aj didn't do a lot of high flying and it was more of a ground match with a lot of submission holds which i thought was weird for these 2 guys but it worked.it was advertised that rick steamboat would be the ref. steamboat was there and made an appearance but was not in this match aj lost :mad:

-dlo brown vs abyss was a pretty good match. nothing spectacular just solid. i have no clue why tna hasn't rehired dlo. i guess they are too busy wanting washed up old superstars. dlo won due to disqualification after abyss hit him with a chair

-david young and daffney vs gail kim and jake manning was a decent match. it was good to see david young again and i love daffney and shes so hott so that was great to see her. gail kim did a few good moves but wasn't tagged in a lot. her partner sucked and has a boyscott gimmick. daffney and young did classic heel tactics. daffney and young won

-hernandez high fived the shit out of my hand, i think he thought i was part mexican

- a few good pics i'll try to post on here

- ron simmons was there and said damn

the bad (theres a lot here):
- team macktion vs LAX was advertised and me and my friends really wanted to see this match. they just put both teams in the war games main event instead

- the 8 man over the top rope match was stupid. it was all unknown names and whover won got to fight joey matthews the next night. at the end aj styles was the 8th man and he won. pretty boring match though

- the 10 man war games was a joke. you had jbl's team of basically skilled wrestlers (LAX, steve corino, cw anderson, elix skipper) vs sgt slaughters team of 2 young guys who were good trying to make a name for themselves (team macktion) and 3 old fossils who can't wrestle anymore (steiner brothers and dustin rhodes) . hernandez and homicide along with team macktion carried the match. sgt slughters team won in a very wwe fashion. the captains were allowed to participate if needed and jbl ran in to help his team and slaughter got him in the cobra clutch and he tapped out

- the merchandise both was bad compared to last year. only 5 different t shirts. 3 were scott steiner shirts and then an lax shirt and a daffney shirt. i wanted an aj styles shirt.

- our $35 seats were worst than the $10 general admission due to our view of the main ring being blocked by the secondary war games ring

- last year was just basically a TNA house show and the audience was guys who were there to watch wrestling and knew about wrestling. i never saw a single john cena shirt. this year due to jbl, ron simmons and sgt slaughter being participating more promotion was put in and there was a lot of little kids (hardly any last year) wearing cena shirts and a bunch of rejected wwe fans. more than half of the audience had no clue who the wrestlers were until the steiner brothers and dustin rhodes came out and it ruined the atmosphere.

hes in talks with the WWE i believe

i would have bought the LAX tshirt

i really wanted a styles shirt. last year they had at least 15 different shirts. last year i wanted a christopher daniels shirts but they only had small and x large left of his shirt so i got the x division shirt that looks like a knockoff of a DX shirt.

hes in talks with the WWE i believe

cool, either way he deserves to be somewhere. i hope 2 hour impact means tna is going to refocus on the x division with the 2nd hour. tna use to be all about the x division. even the mainevent guys were x division and the heavyweight champions (styles, killings) were x division guys. i was watching old ppv's and other tna dvd's and almost cried at how off base the company how gotten and how much great talent they let slip through their fingers:
apolo
sonny siaki
hector garza
austin aries
roderick strong
jason cross
matt sydal
mickey batts
cm punk
kid kash
the naturals
jack evans
jimmy yang
johnny swinger

the list goes on and on

Yeah They have lost alot of good talent

just so they can get has beens like:
scott steiner
rikishi
test
rick steiner

its about time for sting and team 3d to go because they are starting to become worthless. i believe both contracts are up soon so thats good. wtf is up with getting pac man jones? waste of money. matt morgan is decent and i don't mind tomko there even though everyone complains about him being there

anyways i have a few exciting this coming up in october that will hopefully cancel out the bad experience of capitol punishment. megadeth concert on oct 1 and BFG PPV on oct 14 with a great match lineup already

just so they can get has beens like:
scott steiner
rikishi
test
rick steiner

its about time for sting and team 3d to go because they are starting to become worthless. i believe both contracts are up soon so thats good. wtf is up with getting pac man jones? waste of money. matt morgan is decent and i don't mind tomko there even though everyone complains about him being there

The idea behind hiring these people is simple, they have name recognition. Same reason they hired Angle and Sting, and tried to hire Hogan. Personally, I don't have a problem with hiring an established name in the business, as long as they can draw money and still work.

Still, Pacman Jones was a HUGE mistake and they have to learn from it! Hell, why not hire O.J. while you're at it?:rolleyes: This is something WWE would do and they need to be an alternative to WWE right now like they were when they started.

I agree that they should concentrate more on the X- Division. That's the one thing they have that WWE can't seem to get right, even with the great cruiserweights they have on the roster.

The idea behind hiring these people is simple, they have name recognition. Same reason they hired Angle and Sting, and tried to hire Hogan. Personally, I don't have a problem with hiring an established name in the business, as long as they can draw money and still work.

Still, Pacman Jones was a HUGE mistake and they have to learn from it! Hell, why not hire O.J. while you're at it?:rolleyes: This is something WWE would do and they need to be an alternative to WWE right now like they were when they started.

I agree that they should concentrate more on the X- Division. That's the one thing they have that WWE can't seem to get right, even with the great cruiserweights they have on the roster.

i know they are there for name recognition but its still wasting money and roster space (kurt angle and sting are worth having around). tna basically got as far as they did because of the x division then once they got a good tv deal management ignored the x division. doesn't make any sense. its like getting to the super bowl unbeaten in a season then telling the starting quaterback he's not playing in the super bowl

tna basically got as far as they did because of the x division then once they got a good tv deal management ignored the x division. doesn't make any sense. its like getting to the super bowl unbeaten in a season then telling the starting quaterback he's not playing in the super bowl

Good point. No argument from me on this! There's no reason they shouldn't push the X- Division.

I Dont care that they hire exWWE guys...the thing that pisses me off that they go to TNA and they get the Title...Who was Last TNA homegrown Champ