Over-rated Bands

as long as they employ whiny, "my dad beat me" style vocals, they will still be nu-metal.

When have Slipknot ever used those sort of vocals... Most of their vocals are more grindcore-like growls... A few of their songs like IOWA have twisted dirty singing a bit along the lines of Johnathon Davis from Korn but its not child abuse, its serial killer. IOWA as an example is about a guy that digs up a girl he loved that died and sleeps with her and keeps her in his room, its based on a real story and its a very twisted sort of song.

@Panzerfaust for why am I defending them, I happen to like the percussion and downtuned riffing, it may not have flashy solos but hell drop b tuned guitars backed by a shit load of banging of floor toms goes well in my books. The fact they use Samples, Keyboards, Synths and Turntables to me is irrelevant as it works well in the atmosphere, it has more of an industrial feel to it then a hip-hop one.

Death is the single most overrated DM band ever. Fuck, not even Cannibal Corpse is as overrated as Death.

I have to agree. Death is a horribly overrated band. They're actually one of the worst death metal bands I have listened to in my life. Chuck is a horrible vocalist and the guitars sound really weak like Megadeth.

I have to agree. Death is a horribly overrated band. They're actually one of the worst death metal bands I have listened to in my life. Chuck is a horrible vocalist and the guitars sound really weak like Megadeth.

you are an in flames fan and you are talking about shitty vocals and weak guitars?

pot meet kettle?

Death is the single most overrated DM band ever. Fuck, not even Cannibal Corpse is as overrated as Death.

they are not overrated because you think so. Death was easily 1 of the, if not the most influential/important DM bands of all time (along with MA).

Yet another amazing insight from Blue Jay.

you are an in flames fan and you are talking about shitty vocals and weak guitars?

Nu uh In Flames = da best band ever with da best guitars peroid! I (L) the guitarists. I'd do anything for Anders (L).

I'm not as big into death metal as some of the other forumers are. In fact death metal is one of my least favorite genres of metal so don't listen to me.

Yet another amazing insight from Blue Jay.

It is cause not many people know how horrible they are I can't believe it.

In fact death metal is one of my least favorite genres of metal so don't listen to me.

It is cause not many people know how horrible they are I can't believe it.

In response to this last sentence... read your previous sentence.

in response to death, I love their first 5 albums. Symbolic is pretty mediocre though, TSOP is good but control denied (chuck's other band) "fragile art of existence" is a far superior version of TSOP

it really saddens me more and more that I listen to control denied, if chuck would have survived that band still had so much more to offer. In any case, "fragile art" is just a phenomenal album.

You know who is overrated and no one has mentioned yet?

BLACK SABBATH

*prepares for an onslaught of flames*

But really, though they were the first metal band, and were therefore very influential, they were far from the best band ever (as the are so often hailed) neither compositionally or technically.