Over-rated Bands

they are not overrated because you think so. Death was easily 1 of the, if not the most influential/important DM bands of all time (along with MA).

They were not THE most influential nor the most important, that goes to Possessed.

I don't give a shit that they were important to the genre, their music is subpar and they are worshiped far too much for it to be on musical merit alone.

I don't like their music, others love it - I don't see why, it is overrated.

You see how it works? :rolleyes:

I can't think of a better band.

Edit: In respose to Life Sucks.
You really think Black Sabbath were the best metal band ever? I suppose it's purely a matter of opinion. The fact is that they were the first, and prehaps the most influential metal band. But I can think of many bands that I would consider better both in terms of compositional ability and playing ability.

I do find Death overrated, but do prefere their older stuff. When it comes to old school death spiritual healing,leprosy, and scream bloody gore is just as good as anything(morbid angel,possessed,slayer,sepultura,kreator,sodom). it's all good shit.

The first 6 Black sabbath cds contain without a doubt some of the best music to grace my ears. Regardless how technical some metal guitarist can get they do not have an ear for playing like tony. Not many people do.

Well playing ability means absolutely nothing to me, but no, like I said, I can't think of any band that is better, sheerly from an aesthetic standpoint or from a contextual standpoint.

Well playing ability means absolutely nothing to me, but no, like I said, I can't think of any band that is better, sheerly from an aesthetic standpoint or from a contextual standpoint.

Is that Solomon Kane in your sig?!

Tony Iommi is a fucking guitar god. No guitarist on earth has written so many riffs that stand out like a sore thumb. Tony is a musical genius and better than any metal guitarist.

I have to say Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is a good album, it's the only Dimmu Borgir record that I own. I just think there are lots of bands better than them, Nuclear Blast really does a great work promoting and selling their artists .:kickass:

Didn't you just say that you thought they "fucking suck"...? :Smug:

Well that album is quite enjoyable, but maybe my 4th favourite Dimmu release. And well, I always find it ironic to the people who supposedly hate Dimmu, how they always seemingly stay up to date with the band and make a conscious effort to check out their all new albums...as if they would care.... :rolleyes:

No that crown goes to Suffocation.

I agree. Suffocation is good when you first get into death metal and then when you start exploring it you realize they are generic. The fact that Suffocation helped influence a sub-genre of horrible bands does not help either.

I've always thought Suffocation was overrated. I've got nothing against them but I find them to be bland and dull. And yeah, there are far too many Suffocation clones out there.

I still maintain that Black Sabbath is one of the most overrated bands in metal, despite being perhaps the most influential. Don't get me wrong, I like Sabbath, but they are far from one of my favorite bands.

Though they've probably already been mentioned at least a few times...Tool is overrated. I like some of their stuff, but their drummer isn't amazing, and the music isn't mind-blowing. Perhaps its just the drugs that the fans are on affecting their perception? :Smug:

And I don't think "10 000 Days" is the soundtrack to Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ" as one fan even eluded to, I remember reading...the alleged conspiracies that the fans associate with Tool are just ridiculous.