Over-rated Bands

Countless times I've sat down and tried to listen to them but failed as they bore me to the extreme.

Well, your screen name is derived from a metalcore band (unless you named yourself after the BOOK, but I sorta doubt that), so... yeah.

Iron Maiden are one of the few metal bands that truly deserve their "classic" status

Powerslave, yay.

Don't let stuff like this bother you (and realize it is an opinion you will find on a lot of real metal boards). Like what you like. The true poser is the one that likes something for reasons other than personal aesthetic pleasure of some sort...and I think we all fall into that some time.

ack

Thanks.
But very true at the end.

I gotta get used to it because I'm only on here with a bare knowledge of anything extremely heavy.

The only way to learn is to try stuff and read and hang out. I think bands like As I Lay Dying and Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage etc all have an immedieate appeal to those prone to liking heavy music. They have killer production, a very heavy sound, and a level of simplicity in their song structure (generally speaking) that allows quick familiarity. Plus they are the heavy bands that are promoted, so it is easy to hear them. It's no wonder people get into heavy stuff through them. But for many people who have listened to heavy stuff for years, those bands lack a depth that keeps them interesting for very long. At least that is the case for me. But if you keep liking them, then keep liking them!

There will always be someone to slam what you like. Even I enjoy doing that from time to time. But I will not be told what I am supposed to like!

ack

there is good metalcore and bad metalcore. As I Lay Dying is the bad kind. listen to Botch and Integrity. that's good metalcore.