Over-rated Bands

cradle of filth is definately overated, slayers not that good,
i think a buch of 4th graders could do better than napalm death.
and i think opeth is slightly overated not becuase there bad but becuase there just overly popular.

cradle of filth is definately overated, slayers not that good,
i think a buch of 4th graders could do better than napalm death.
and i think opeth is slightly overated not becuase there bad but becuase there just overly popular.

i agree but i think why some of the bands like opeth, cradle of filth, metallica, etc. are so overrated is because of how many albums they have out.

It's widely recognised as fitting the description you gave in your previous post.

LOL TSOP is very intensely emotional, I don't know what you are smoking.

and like somebody else said, you are in the minority with your opinion of TSOP. It is one of the most popular and most critically acclaimed Death metal albums ever.

this is my favorite song on TSOP, it is a masterpiece

I dunno what the hell the video is, just listen to the song

Last edited by a moderator:
my opinion has really cooled on that album though, I used to fucking LOVE it, but now it is alright for infrequent listens (probably due to the fact that I listened to it so much over a fairly short period of time)

I am currently hooked on control denied "fragile art of existence" however, which is like TSOP with better basswork and better vocals.

What he said was true, though; TSOP is widely considered Death's most proggy, emotionless release. I'm not saying I agree with that assessment (I also wouldn't call Dream Theater emotionless), but I can see where the argument is coming from.

i think Voice of the Soul is Death's best song

wasn't this about over-rated bands?
*deep breath*

slayer
megadeth
arch enemy
the black dahlia murder
bullet for my valentine
cannibal corpse
children of bodom
hatebreed
dimmu borgir
lamb of god
trivium

just a tint.
eck

yes, while slayer and cannibal corpse are great bands, while the other (dimmu) should have stayed with their old sound, they are definetaly overhyped. when "metalheads" talk about thrash metal, they have to mention slayer FIRST while leaving out all of the thrash bands which are much better than slayer, ie: overkill, coroner, kreator, toxik, razor, etc. and same thing for death metal with cannibal corpse, and the leave out bands such as demigod, behemoth, death, carcass, etc.

btw without death, cannibal corpse woudln't exist.

maiden could be. most thing that pisses me off about maiden is that when i ask people what kind of british metal they like, they mention maiden and completely forget about sabbath.

yes, while slayer and cannibal corpse are great bands, while the other (dimmu) should have stayed with their old sound, they are definetaly overhyped. when "metalheads" talk about thrash metal, they have to mention slayer FIRST while leaving out all of the thrash bands which are much better than slayer, ie: overkill, coroner, kreator, toxik, razor, etc. and same thing for death metal with cannibal corpse, and the leave out bands such as demigod, behemoth, death, carcass, etc.

btw without death, cannibal corpse woudln't exist.

The reasons why Slayer is mentioned first amongst thrash bands is because they are the best thrash band. No other thrash band has the amount of killer riffs and songs that they do.

Over-rated bands:

Megadeth and Iron Maiden.
Full stop.

I like Megadeth but the way people go on about them you'd swear they were as good as Death.

But I really don't see why people like Iron Maiden.
Countless times I've sat down and tried to listen to them but failed as they bore me to the extreme.