Over-rated Bands

funny, the only opeth i like is ghost reveries which is thought of as their 'worst' album

overrated? lets see

megadeth - horribly boring with the worst vocals in the history of metal

dragonforce - every song is the same formula

children of bodom - zzZZzzZZ

opeth - good band, but they put me to sleep also

dimmu borgir - same old shit

slayer - not very intereting thrash and pretty bad riff writers, save a handful

arghoslent - definitely a good band but nowhere near worth the praise they get

go fuck yourself. like as if you listen to anything significantly better, fuckin cynic.

overrated-cradle of filth, burzum, morbid angel, kreator, hypocrisy,gorgoroth,blut aus nord, & borknagar

Burzum-Worst guitar playing ever

Clearly you missed the entire point behind the music. It is not meant to be technically demanding. Rather, it is designed to evoke strong feelings of nostalgia/sadness via a dense atmosphere coupled with tortured vocal work.

Edit: my own picks include almost all recent Death Metal, especially of the Brutal and overly techy sort.

I got sick of Opeth after about a year of so. Then I went through I period of complete hatred to the band, but now I still go back everyonce in awhile and listen to them. I really don't like any full songs of theirs anymore besides some stuff off Damnation (flame me if you will), but still enjoy the occasional cool parts throughout some of the earlier material.

Same here cept I don't really like any of their songs anymore. It took about a year.

You just posted two of my favorite bands as overrated OMG. I've been listening to Amon Amarth lately whats wrong with Amon Amarth? Are they one of those bands that get old also?

I just don't find either of them worthy of all the praise they get. I've checked them both out and was expecting both of them to be awesome judging by the amount of top 10 lists they've made it into, but was sorely disappointed.

You just posted two of my favorite bands as overrated OMG. I've been listening to Amon Amarth lately whats wrong with Amon Amarth? Are they one of those bands that get old also?
With Oden On Our Side spins DAILY and never gets old to me. It flows nicely and the lyrics are legendary...
"no retreat, no remorse, VICTORY WILL BE OURS"
*fucking epic*