People still listen to Symphony X?

mëtålspëd;8061703 said:
I take it you dont agree then. Maybe I am just outgrowing their style.

But you listen to Savage Circus. so... :lol:

In all honesty, yeah I still listen to Symphony X. and I'm exploring the depths of electronic music, independent rock, and soul. So... what's your case really? Is listening to a band that's been around a bad thing? or is it just not trendy?

Hahaha, this post rules.

I don't think i've listened to Symphony X in... shit, a year? Maybe more? shortly after PL came out definitely. Still like the band as they were one of my first metal cds (within the first 10 i think along with iced earth, king diamond, mercyful fate, and a few others) but i've mostly moved on. Still like sticking around here for the good discussions though. And occasional drunken trolling :lol:

mëtålspëd;8061688 said:
People still listen to Symphony X?

Yes they do, so?
I don't get the "still" part?

Not sure if you are aware of this already, but (musically speaking) asking such question makes you seem like another "trend follower", which is a most unwelcome attitude here. :lol:

You can't ask people to justify why they listen to a certain artist based on the age of the music (I have some medieval music records, mind you) or the existence of other artists in the same style.

Believe it or not, even upstanding individuals (such as myself) have been known to do such things on occasion. I know, i know, it just shatters your perception of what is reality and what's merely a dream, but even something as far fetched as this scenario which i have illustrated in a former post can (and has) come to pass.

I've been listening to Symphony X pretty regularly for 6 years and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Sure, I take a break every now and then, but there's no other band or style of music besides classical that I have stayed with for so long.

I'll put it this way: the day I stop listening to Symphony X is the day I stop listening to power/prog or basically anything with guitar distortion. Symphony X has the pinnacle of their style in my opinion, for the combination of their technical mastery, depth and complexity in their song-writing, their ability to craft cohesive and masterful albums as opposed to churning out isolated songs, and finally a sort of intagible quality, their authenticity and the overall spirit of the band. The music really takes me to a different place like nothing else in the power/prog metal genre.

Yes they do, so?
I don't get the "still" part?

Not sure if you are aware of this already, but (musically speaking) asking such question makes you seem like another "trend follower", which is a most unwelcome attitude here. :lol:

You can't ask people to justify why they listen to a certain artist based on the age of the music (I have some medieval music records, mind you) or the existence of other artists in the same style.

Yeah...it really is a dumb thread, isn't it...but then again...this guy has Virgin Steele listed in his signature...guess we should ask...Are you STILL listening to Virgin Steele?

This is one of those threads created to get people all stirred up. I think it's funny...in most message boards it would have caused a riot...it goes to show there is a greater level of maturity here and that this guy can just get fluffed off so easily without accomplishing his goal of nasty banter back and forth.