People still listen to Symphony X?

lol, this thread really does get better and better. I'm glad that all us symphony x fans are the same, we wouldn't be on the forums if we agreed with your thread in any way. Which wouldn't make us very good fans. And as far as Virgin Steele goes, I agree... Total ass, much like this thread !

Oh and rehased shit? you must be talking bout pretty much every band you have listed in your signature. Actually I lied, Riverside is decent, as is Savage Circus, but mostly its rehashed shit, even for those good bands :)

Riverside really is a good band. I don't know much about the others though..

Oh and wouldn't it be cool if Symphony X started working on a new album this year? Maybe even get it released next year. They really haven't been as consistent with the releases as in the early days, but I think that at this point more than 3 years would be too much.

mëtålspëd;8064506 said:
You do not have any fucking idea how old I am. All of you SX fans are the same.

Well...I would assume by the level of maturity based on the thread and your responses that you are a kid...hey, it's all I have to go on.

Well...I would assume by the level of maturity based on the thread and your responses that you are a kid...hey, it's all I have to go on.

epic win! :headbang:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

hey I like ass... but its got to be good ASS

mëtålspëd;8065334 said:
They have only been making music for 25+ years.

They're an average metal band whose works have never warranted any special attention or notoriety.

25+ years of hashing out the same old mediocre crap...that's worse than SymX!:lol:

Sorry Zach...I like some of their stuff too...but they're nothing really special.

The Divine Wings of Tragedy became a staple of progressive metal...Virgin Steele never came close to having that impact on the genre. iTunes doesn't even have a place for them.

This kid's drunk...and trolling...like Zach.

I think if you want to compare two bands based on popularity, then by default Linkin Park and Korn are MUCH better than symphony x and have a FAR bigger and more important place in music. But that just doesn't jive, now does it?

Virgin Steele, for my money, are a superior band because they write music that is more up my alley. I'd recommend people check them out and do some decent research since the early stuff and the newer stuff are two completely different animals. Sure, it's all a matter of opinion and I wouldn't expect people to have the same opinion as me on the Symphony X official forum, but there it is. I'd kill to see Virgin Steele live man. They have to rock, plus David's voice is just insane.

quick edit: schenk, i'm mostly playing devil's advocate here because it's funny, but it really is silly to say that because a band has largely gone under the radar for a few decades yet still puts out awesome material that they are of a lower standard than another younger band who happened to get lucky. You don't listen to anything that's better than symphony x (again, personal opinion) but has gone largely unnoticed for a few decades? Another band i'll throw out there that has the same status in america: Running Wild. Fucking phenomenal band, has almost no buzz these days. Fucking shameful.