People still listen to Symphony X?

I don't see what all the fuss is about w/VS. Lots of people like them, so I guess that's cool. Then again I despise Manowar, but DO like Running Wild.
Go figure....

p.s. and I like Alestorm & Swashbuckle as well.

Are you guys still fighting about something?

And Virgin Steel actually sounds alright.

Oh and Dream Theater and Symphony X don't even sound similiar. Well, they do sound similiar... Just about as much as Metallica Manowar sound similiar.

Are you guys still fighting about something?

Who is fighting? Sounds like pretty innocent banter, since the thread took a turn.

And Virgin Steel actually sounds alright.

Its a start... :)

Oh and Dream Theater and Symphony X don't even sound similiar. Well, they do sound similiar... Just about as much as Metallica Manowar sound similiar.

...much like Manowar and Virgin Steele...

mëtålspëd;8066934 said:
So because of its grandiose nature and some anthemic sections.... they sound alike, right? Are Dream Theater and Symphony X pretty much the same band? Well shit, they both sound alike, and have progressive elements.

The only thing both bands have in common is the progressive elements, DT and SyX sound nothing alike.

[I am a prick, but can't we all get along? :heh:

Indeed. Honestly, the one that should be banned is him :heh:

@ Ultimate_Symphony & mëtålspëd

I never said anything about agreeing/disagreeing. My reason was because of the trolling/spamming. I would really love for you to elaborate how you got "i don't agree" out of asking for some enforcement of the forum rules.. please.. it would make my day. It really would make my day, so go ahead and connect the two. Go ahead! -waits to laugh my ass off at the horrible reponses-

What you perceive as trolling/spamming, others may not. Just because you think I am wrong, does not mean I am trolling. Now if I came in here and said that Michael Romeo was a professional 'madam of the night'... you might have some ground to lodge a complaint. It does not matter one way or the other to me. Getting worked up over something said on the internet is silly anyways.

I wasnt aware that SX got much promotion or publicity and seemed to me they have been pretty much unknown as well. Look at all the people just discovering them. I didnt until around the time when The Odyssey was new.

I also dont agree that their are no similiarities between DT & SX. When I first found SX to me they were heavier, added the neo classical element, and a different lyrical approach but the musical format was much the same. Where if you go back to other earlier progressive bands like 90's Savatage and Fates Warning there are no similiarities.

good luck convincing anyone with a brain that this was not a troll thread. Let me think back to the first post... casts a bash of Symphony X out on the Symphony X forum... duh... for what purpose ? To see who would "take the bait", no not trolling at all... give me a break. My grandfather always said a bee will only sting you when its threatened but a wasp will sting you just to see how you act. This thread was obviously created to see how everyone would react and for no other purpose.

Perhaps the initial posting was said with my tongue a bit in cheek, but I still feel they are falling off the musical curve. With so many musical offerings these days, I think it is still a perfectly legitimate question. If its got yer panties in such a bunch, just report the thread and get it over with.

@ Ultimate_Symphony & mëtålspëd

I never said anything about agreeing/disagreeing. My reason was because of the trolling/spamming. I would really love for you to elaborate how you got "i don't agree" out of asking for some enforcement of the forum rules.. please.. it would make my day. It really would make my day, so go ahead and connect the two. Go ahead! -waits to laugh my ass off at the horrible reponses-

Saying you're going to laugh your ass off at the horrible responses (yet another brilliant assumption on your part, I wouldn't have expected it from you :rolleyes:) isn't going to make you look any smarter, buddy.

This board has never seen trolls or spammers before (or at least recently) and how convenient of you to ask for enforcement of the forum ''rules''. By whining about this particular subject it would indicate that you don't agree with Metalsped. Whatever the case may be, he's not being an asshole to anyone around here, just rather controversial with his points of view. Why should you whine about enforcement instead of refuting his ideas with some brain power? :rolleyes:

I wasnt aware that SX got much promotion or publicity and seemed to me they have been pretty much unknown as well. Look at all the people just discovering them. I didnt until around the time when The Odyssey was new.

Certainly true domestically, and of course are huge overseas (not sure of promotion, or just chance exposure). Of course I think a can of tuna fish with a mohawk could sell out a Japanese tour.... oh those crazy Japanese.

I also dont agree that their are no similiarities between DT & SX. When I first found SX to me they were heavier, added the neo classical element, and a different lyrical approach but the musical format was much the same. Where if you go back to other earlier progressive bands like 90's Savatage and Fates Warning there are no similiarities.

Progressive, as you know, is mostly a misnomer these days.

Saying you're going to laugh your ass off at the horrible responses (yet another brilliant assumption on your part, I wouldn't have expected it from you :rolleyes:) isn't going to make you look any smarter, buddy.

This board has never seen trolls or spammers before (or at least recently) and how convenient of you to ask for enforcement of the forum ''rules''. By whining about this particular subject it would indicate that you don't agree with Metalsped. Whatever the case may be, he's not being an asshole to anyone around here, just rather controversial with his points of view. Why should you whine about enforcement instead of refuting his ideas with some brain power? :rolleyes:

Hey, I'd like you to quote where I'm "whining about this particular subject", "I don't agree/agree"
Other than that... :lol::lol::lol:
Oh, I love the part where you say "I wouldn't have expected it from you", as if you know me! Hahaha, this is like what.. the second time you've directly quoted me? I recall the last time you were just as belligerent. So to that I say "I expected it from you" :lol:

I dont know anybody with a long period of musical experience that does not understand that older bands dont set trends or remain state of the art throughout their entire career. Early material has historically been the best or most important by pretty much any band I can think of... some have produced equally important or better/mature works in their mid careers, but how long is a bands career? 20-30 years like say Rush or Maiden or is the average more like 6-7 years, hell man SX is what... 14-15 years now ? I cant think of any bands right now that dont eventually show set patterns in thier music. Its what made them in the first place, a particular sound and style of expressing themselves, it would make sense to understand that someone sounds like themselves... unless we are hopeing for brain transplants or something.

I hope that "report the thread, got yer panties in a bunch" thing was not directed at me. I muse at the entire thing and JD has been on board from the begining, thats his department, in the mean time I take full advantage of my opportunity to place my digs where I can. Seems to me the bunched panties are worn by one who has a problem with others "still" listening to Symphony X.

Hey, I'd like you to quote where I'm "whining about this particular subject", "I don't agree/agree"
Other than that... :lol::lol::lol:
Hey could we start enforcing some infractions/banning?? This is obvious troll/spam!

I love it how you always shoot yourself on the foot.

Oh, I love the part where you say "I wouldn't have expected it from you", as if you know me! Hahaha, this is like what.. the second time you've directly quoted me? I recall the last time you were just as belligerent. So to that I say "I expected it from you"

I don't know you personally, nor do I care to know you. Even that being the case, I can read that much from your behavior on the forums. Behavior which is unintelligent and immature to say the least.

I find it rather funny that you don't seem to realize how posts like this one make you look like a total moron. Moreover, the facetious use of smillies makes me think you don't got much else going on for you.

this is like what.. the second time you've directly quoted me? I recall the last time you were just as belligerent. So to that I say "I expected it from you"

The point being?