please, list the bands you hate most and why

Cradle of Filth, and frankly, I don't know where to begin with these guys.

Deicide
Modern "Br00tal" Death "Metal"
Dimmu Borgir
Flower metal
Manowar
Cannibal Corpse
Six Feet Under
Venom post Possessed
Amorphis post Thousand Lakes
Opeth
Mayhem post Euronymous

Yeah, what's wrong with Slayer. They are one of the best headbanging bands out there. There's some automatic mechanism in my neck - when I hear Raining Blood it immediately starts the move that causes headbanging. I dunno, it just happens. o_O

I cannot be bothered to make a list right now ( cause im hungry ). Turn on mtv and pick the first 10 bands they play ( exclude system of a down, sick of it all and pantera in the remote case they show any of their videos )

dream theather....they're very proud of themselves

So are Opeth, Mikeal said in an interview that Opeth is the best band ever and it will ever be.

But really, I don't see what's wrong to be proud of ourself...in fact, it's a pretty good thing IMO.

Now for the real thing...bands I can't stand:

Celine Dion, Eminem, Cannibal Corpse, Blink 182, Vanilla Ice...
There's plenty of others but these are the principals.

Originally posted by changso

What's wrong with that???

Have you listened to their live album?
There are solo performances of all the band members, except for the bass player....he's the only in that band who deserves respect...he's more humble and the reason of this maybe is because he has orient origin.

So are Opeth, Mikeal said in an interview that Opeth is the best band ever and it will ever be.

But really, I don't see what's wrong to be proud of ourself...in fact, it's a pretty good thing IMO.

I'm agree with you about Opeth...Mikael is very pround of himself and about Opeth....he said that he could only label Opeth as good music and that he doesn't like and doesn't pay attetion to the metal scene nowadays....for him it's just Opeth and fuck the rest....ok, but take a look at Opeth live and Dream Theater live...Dream Theater musicians are graduated at university and they like to show this in their performances. I don't think the same happens with Opeth

Originally posted by Rosa Negra Imortal

Have you listened to their live album?
There are solo performances of all the band members, except for the bass player....he's the only in that band who deserves respect...he's more humble and the reason of this maybe is because he has orient origin.

That's because that's what Dream Theater IS. A showcase of amazing instrumental talent. I'm not a huge fan of their songs, but I give props to their playing, because I don't think there is more strict instrumental talent in any other band.

Its a good thing....for a rockstar.

Unlike others im not saying Mikael is not one, but it doesnt makes it right for him or dream theater it looks pretencious and arrogant, there is always someone out there better than you no matter what you do, you gotta keep that in mind at all times.

you mean "Live Scenes from New York"?

Yeah I have that album but I didn't know they're all doing a solo song...the only one is from Rudess. You probably mean the instrumental songs from Liquid Tension Experiment?!? Seriously nobody can't deny their musical skills [even Mikeal call them "fucking amazing"] and there' alot peoples who enjoy these solo songs [mostly musicians]...so I don't see the problem of doing it?

I'm happy that you mention Myung, he's an awesome bass player and definatly deserves such praise as other members!