Post a random fact about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 3 months ago at my schools turnabout dance I was running around and tripped over some chicks high heel and I went head first into a wall. I split my eyebrow open and I was bleeding all over the place. I got up and started laughing but then I went to the hospital......but the chick that put my stiches in was really really hot!!! She woke me since I fell asleep in a chain and when I saw her I was like :yow: I love you.. o_O

Hmmmmmm the moral of this story is........O_O hmmmmmm.

that would imply that there's no randomness at all. to humans random is only what escapes our calculating abilities. along these lines, life could be predictable with enough calc brute force. this would imply that nothing is coincidence and everything is fate.
i actually agree to that theory, but i'm also lucky i'm such a dim-witted retard who forgets about that most of the time and thus i can lead on my life happily :p

ok, that was off-topic now :)

His Divine Shadow: Hahah

I actually would prefer to die violently or in an exciting way.. like struggling to survive in a tornado or other such natural catastrophe, or fighting something..
I would hate to go under some disease or some stupid accident.
..that's my random fact :q

@mal: i remember us debating this before. which of course supports your theory. :p
we cannot calculate the psychological reasons why we mention certain facts, yet it makes sense that a pattern is likely, but only as a consequence of our brains impressing patterns over seemingly meaningless series. that part of reality which is not filtered through a sentient mind i still call as random as can be. ok, maybe not 100%, but pretty random still.

how can it be random? of course you cannot calculate the whole universe, because if you had all the data you would need for that you just had a new whole universe :)
but still nothing is random if you have a look at the underlying physics. since the big bang particles are flying through the universe, gazillions of them, but they all affect each other in a very well defined way. if you have a look at just two of these particles, you could predict perfectly well where they would possibly collide and what would happen afterwards. so you could do that for all other particles as well. the fact that we will never be able to calculate this doesn't mean that the universe hasn't followed its laws since its beginning very accurately. the stone lies in that corner because it had to be so, not because it did happen by chance. every force affecting it in any way could possibly be traced back to the big bang, and vice versa.

i think we might differ in our interpretation of randomness. predictability does not constitute a pattern in my view (which is not strict nor particularly vehement -- just an idea): particles can go to their intended end (intended?) all the way and yet i sort of feel that the perception of the pattern is what creates the pattern (whether or not the pattern likes it, as it were). without the perception of a pattern, it seems to me events can be called random, as in: their relationships not recognised.
for instance, being aware that the laws of physics totally determine certain particles to come together and make a tree does not imply a cause-effect relationship besides the one that's manifest, and the one that's manifest can at best shift the randomness one level up (no reason for the particles to come together in that way, and so on and so upwards).

yeah, you got a point there, maybe i should say with the event of the big bang, nature's laws were created randomly - but they don't change during the existence of the universe. so if you take a given system with all its laws, nothing is random, except for that it exists at all.

When i was younger i did the same thing as Rusty: chewing the same amount of food with both sides of my mouth

and also as someone else said on a older thread here (i think Caelestia) i have an obsession with holes in organic stuff, like meat that is rotting, they disgust me yet i imagine to squeeze them because i want what's inside them to go away :ill:

now i'm sure i have a lot of other weird things but i can't think to some funny ones right now

"Random" fact 1: I was almost born on a sailing boat.

"Random" fact 2: When I'm bored, I count all sorts of stuff, usually letters in a sentence or windows on a house I see. Then I "cheat" to try to make it 10, 20, 30 and so on, for example by counting the dot over 'i' as a single unit.

if you're going to be like that dear, at least do it properly, like this:

wtf_cat.jpg

or this:

WTF%20PANDA.jpg

or THIS:

Spike%20Trousers.jpg

but I thank you all the same. what, my fact wasn't random enough for you?

fact: I have recently discovered that lint can be solely contributed to either holidays or cold weather..... I am yet to find out which, but I NEVER got lint in my bellybutton before I left home.

better? ;)

I was one bout away from making the United States Junior Olympic fencing team my senior year of high school.

oh, i found one, when i was a baby and was learning to write(not at school) i used to write E backwards, with the "legs" facing left and not right. and i was convinced that the right amount of "legs" was 4, it was allowed to put more than that, but not less, so 3 was wrong, and 4 was perfect, it gave the right importance to the E.

i recently found out that someone else had a theory about the E similar to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.