Post a random fact about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to do it everyday for a year if I want to... so don't think you'll be seeing me stop any time soon. ;)

And I only bought it up twice. :cry:

fact: You know what, I think I might go and jump off a building again today.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
Fact: today I'm going to see some diamond rings with my future husband <3
Mmmmmm rings..*a little jealous* :p

fact: I'm obsessed with jewelry.
fact: I don't think that the spider that was haunting Rus was the same spider every time.
fact: Waking up at 10 am is way too hard for me nowadays.
fact: I'm going to eat a bun now.

fact: i was treated to a €160 dinner last night. :D

fact 2: i also was a bit overenthusiastic with the pre-, during- and post-dinner drinks, but i have no hangover and i'm extremely grateful for that.

hyena said:
fact: i was treated to a €160 dinner last night. :D
some possible interpretations come to my mind:

do you connect quality and good taste of the food to its price? (I know that decent food costs some money, indeed, but the question is, if it must cost that_much)

do you think the worth that someone has of you is to be measured by the dinner´s price?

someone wants to bribe you :p

Lumitalvi: but that´s good, I think second accounts are in fashion ;)

fireangel said:
do you connect quality and good taste of the food to its price? (I know that decent food costs some money, indeed, but the question is, if it must cost that_much)
quality of the service and of some food and beverages is often proportioned to the price. of course there are exceptions: crappy expensive places. but when a place is not crappy, it's a good expensive place. ;)

do you think the worth that someone has of you is to be measured by the dinner´s price?
people who like me and know what i like might want to show me affection by offering me a very good dinner in a place with a very good service. this means the dinner will probably tend to cost a lot. the way you put it, it seems that to avoid the possibility that someone is trying to buy me, all those who care for me should settle for taking me out to pizza hut, which is frankly quite absurd.

sorry if i've been hyena in this post. :p

@fireangel: hehe. i feel quite the mind reader today.

1 - i don't think my dinner companion was trying to bribe me. first of all, he's gay and in a relationship, so certainly he didn't want any sex with me. secondly, we've been friends for some years now, so he didn't even wanted to impress - he was just being kind.

2 - the value-for-money question, when it comes to restaurants, is a tricky one. some outlets charge ridiculous amounts of money for food and wine that is subpar, some others charge ridiculous amounts of money for food and wine that is actually excellent (which was the case). not to mention that the price level of anything in luxembourg is, in general, very high. of course, the amount on the tab is normally very much higher than the actual price paid for the ingredients, and it also entails a healthy profit for the owners after the chefs and personnel are paid, but still:

3 - normally, the service, locale and atmosphere make the difference. while some upper class places are snotty, some others just make you feel taken care of (and not in the dispatching-with-a-bullet sense of the term either). i like having competent, well-dressed staff around that can give me advice on wines i might not know, refill my glass when it's empty, and describe the details of preparations should i be interested in them. i like places where conversation is kept at a low volume as a sign of respect for other patrons.

4 - and yes, i like feeling cool. i also believe that most people like feeling cool, even though the way the objective is achieved varies greatly across people, across stages of life, and even across moods for the same person. i felt cool when allowed to see bad religion backstage, for example, which has nowt to do with money or class, but still it was a privilege. which brings me to the last question, i.e.: is someone's opinion of me measured by how much they pay for dinner? not exclusively, and it also depends on the context. while i would not think that someone has a low opinion of me because they invite me for a pizza, i conversely believe that if someone puts in the effort of finding a very cool place and shelling out money that they could have used for themselves they must at least like my company enough to forego alternative uses of that money.

rahvin said:
people who like me and know what i like might want to show me affection by offering me a very good dinner in a place with a very good service. this means the dinner will probably tend to cost a lot. the way you put it, it seems that to avoid the possibility that someone is trying to buy me, all those who care for me should settle for taking me out to pizza hut, which is frankly quite absurd.

sorry if i've been hyena in this post. :p
does it count, when in order to show some friendship, and I would not have 150 Euros at hand, I´d bake you one of the best cakes you´d ever tasted?

Edit: hyena: =) Okay.

@rahvin: hey, there's nothing to apologize for about being me. you should be proud and all. and i find it quite funny that we're so obsessed with pizza. :D

@fire: of course i would appreciate a friend baking a good cake for me. hell, i would even appreciate the gesture, if not the cake itself, if it tasted awful. it's a completely different thing.

hyena said:
refill my glass when it's empty
which is hard work for a well-dressed athletic young person, and therefore requiring extra money. ;)

@fireangel: but of course. i never said people can only show appreciation by spending all their money on me, i merely think there are only a few selected cases where offering something expensive is not a possible measure of someone's appreciation.

@hyena: hah, of course it's ok to switch identities for you, now that you're getting the best cake *i* have (n)ever tasted out of this! :bah:

Status
Not open for further replies.