Post a random fact about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rahve: it's about time you both stopped, then. :p

by the way, with all the talks of virginity - i remember a desperate online conversation we had when i lived in london. i said that i was afraid of staying one until 25, but i was saying that as an exorcism, as i couldn't really believe it made sense.

hyena said:
by the way, with all the talks of virginity - i remember a desperate online conversation we had when i lived in london. i said that i was afraid of staying one until 25, but i was saying that as an exorcism, as i couldn't really believe it made sense.
did i reply anything that made any kind of sense?
however, i still think you shouldn't worry that much, or at least not enough to change your behaviour out of fear of exclusion.

you replied that a lot of men would be interested in a 25 year old virgin (i'm serious. you did say that). i'm not speculating on the amount of sense it made.

and no, obviously i'm not changing anything for fear of exclusion, that would amount to terrifying stupidity, especially because i don't even like anyone enough to have sex with them these days. but i'm wondering about the implications. slytherin stuff, you know: how is this going to affect my chances etc.

I too have not met anyone in years that I felt genuinely and strongly enough for to have sex with her. I'm almost 22 and I do still consider it to be something that can and should be more than just unemotional lustful pleasure, and I'm fine with that. I suppose I look forward to having that opportunity at some point in the not-too-distant future, but the sole fact of meeting someone for whom I can have the necessary feelings and who has the same for me is worth much more anyways.

There's not anything wrong with people who don't have sex. It's just the general attitude of society today that you're supposed to have sex all the time with anyone who's even remotely willing, otherwise you're not normal. The younger you are when you start, the better, too.
Had it been 100 years ago, this behaviour would've lowered anyone's opinion of you. Times change.
It's ridiculous though, I remember feeling ashamed of being a virgin at 14 :p Because everybody were early starters where I came from.

Northern Lights said:
There's not anything wrong with people who don't have sex. It's just the general attitude of society today that you're supposed to have sex all the time with anyone who's even remotely willing, otherwise you're not normal. The younger you are when you start, the better, too.
Had it been 100 years ago, this behaviour would've lowered anyone's opinion of you. Times change.
It's ridiculous though, I remember feeling ashamed of being a virgin at 14 :p Because everybody were early starters where I came from.
when i was in 1st grade in high school most of the girls (there were about 7/8 girls in my class) had sex around the age of 12..i found and still find that scary now that i'm not hiljnnocent as i was at that time.

hyena said:
@hilj: no way, no drinking until 5pm. :D
then i've always broke this rule :p no, i'm not drunk everyday before 5pm, i'm not there yet, but i did get drunk several hours before 5pm more than once, they were partying occasions though, not drinking in the way that my sig means ;)

well, in general the idea of people feeling either ashamed or proud about something that should be a strictly private event between two people is weird. still, i think that too often sexual experience is a factor in assessing potential partners. that's a fact, even though it's not a fact that i support.

well, i am rather of the opinion that one should trust alcohol power, that's exacltly why you shouldn't ever drink before 5pm.

:D

fact: i just installed the "harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban" video game.

fact 2: now i won't be able to do anything else for a while. don't know if this is good or bad.

hyena said:
well, i am rather of the opinion that one should trust alcohol power, that's exacltly why you shouldn't ever drink before 5pm.

:D
well, if i can actually drink forever then yes, i trust alcohol power ;)

today at my mother's autogrill we received a fax from a newspaper or something like that that was proposing the autogrill to buy and sell "the official valentino rossi's bibliography" that they're writing. bloody hell, and to think that these people are supposed to know well words and how to use them....

Fact: speaking of drunk, i'm probably going out later. the guy at the bar in the park where we often go must have taken me for an alcoholic (well)
Fact2: i was going to explain the previous statement (because i never actually got drunk there) but i gave up, my neurons are too busy pfffffing.

fact: i've had two beers and subsequently ran out of them.

fact2: hilj's fact made me remember a weird moment with my family - my dad insisting that i shouldn't have a second pre-dinner drink lest the bartender took me for an alcoholic. as if that could be helped.

fact3: this song is breaking my heart with a vengeance.

fact: i think that it should be forbidden to feel the way i'm feeling now just because of listening to a song. i'm going to do very stupid things tonight, things that i will regret, and all of this just because of new rammstein music.

Fact: don't tell me about rammstein, if i hear them i'm going to :/ i don't even know :/

Fact2: i'm noticing i have bright red little bruises between every finger and the palm of my right hand, i'm, trying to understand what i might have done today at work to cause that.

Status
Not open for further replies.