Post a random fact about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, Bremen won the championship and during the last few weeks, the Bayern made such stupid comments, so one day, the coach of Bremen's team just said "Well, as long as they talk they cant concentrate on their matches and they've been talking an awful lot lately" And that was all he said. This man is one of my personal heroes!

Marduk, what do mean with screen name? Cappu Vendrediste or what?

Taliesin is the real name of the old and bearded Merlin, while Merlin is actually just the title. But there are also stories of a bard called Taliesin

KC said:
FACT: Im guilty of the sin envy.
Don't worry, buddy. It's what you do with it that's important.
wink.gif

Taliesin said:
Fact: Stuttgart just lost against the second-last team. They were the last real threat to Bayern München, the german version of ManU, or for the french, PSG (Well, sort of). So Bayern will win their 19th german championship..
Fact: To most people this was incredibly boring but me, Im pissed off :yell:
So are these the teams that mostly comprise the national German team?
Let's see how they fare in die Weltmeisterschaft 06
(Actually, I felt for the poor Germans in the 02 final. They really played well to get to that point, especially poor Oliver K., who was pretty much on his own against Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. I'd like to see them get some redemption this time around.

Taliesin said:
I love spring.. it reminds me of how many goodlooking women are out there :D
In winter, over the months I manage to forget.. lol
One of my friends says the same thing every spring :D

MagSec4 said:
So are these the teams that mostly comprise the national German team?
Let's see how they fare in die Weltmeisterschaft 06
(Actually, I felt for the poor Germans in the 02 final. They really played well to get to that point, especially poor Oliver K., who was pretty much on his own against Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. I'd like to see them get some redemption this time around.
Well, the players actually come from quite a number of teams, one even plays in the second division.
Oli Kahn is nothing but an overgrown monkey on an egotrip. He should have been replaced in the final because of his broken finger, but no, the "Titan" was too proud for that. That's why he didnt catch Ronaldo's shot, which lead to the first goal. You can lose against Brazil, that's not the point, all of their players are great, Ronaldinho may even be the best player EVER. But what Kahn did was just stupid.

:confused:
I didn't know that..
Actually, I always just thought Kahn was the shit. I was a fan.

Fine then, fuck Germany,
VIVA BRASIL, pais porrada. Vamos detonar essa porra no campeonato do mundo filho da puta muito Ronaldo e cachaça da favela na madrugadinha abacaxinha o futebolinho aleijadinho

:D

MagSec4 said:
:confused:
I didn't know that..
Actually, I always just thought Kahn was the shit. I was a fan.
That's just it, Kahn was the shit. He's not terrible these days either, but a lot more unreliable and unpredictable as far as his behaviour goes and, most of all, older.

MagSec4 said:
I'd like to see them get some redemption this time around.
What can I say - this is one of the last things I want out of the next World Cup. ;)
Taliesin said:
Ronaldinho may even be the best player EVER
He's very skillful, sure, but I don't think you can make such comparisons with players like Pele and Cruyff. When they were playing, people were allowed to tackle, hard. It was a lot tougher back then. Try waving your feet in pretty little patterns and you were flat on your back within half a second - and without a foul given. Now players are so protected, it's getting ridiculous. Anyway the point is, who knows what Pele or Cruyff could have done if they'd have been allowed the freedom of the modern game? Impossible to compare, I think.

I agree that it's very hard to compare, there are different times, positions and styles of the game to take into consideration. I do think though that players like Zidane or Ronaldinho are a lot better than Beckenbauer or Cruyff, they're simply better schooled.
Also, I think that today's rules are pretty good. Things like tacklings in the legs from behind for example deserve a red card, they're unfair, very painful and very dangerous. I mean, where's the point in trying to break other people's legs? :err:

Here's what I want out of the next World Cup (since I've already given up on Colombia's team because of their asshat coach)

I think it'd be nice if the cup went to an African team (there are a couple of great candidates), or an Asian team (if they work hard to earn it); since so far from the creation of the tournament, the cup has always gone to European and South American teams.
I would also like fucking Argentina kicked out of there quick (this is strictly about football, no offense to any Argentinians :p)
But most of all, I just want the pleasure of watching great games (as many as I can) among nations of the world coming together once again for this wonderful worldwide tradition.
This time around, almost 197 nations are part of it.

Taliesin said:
Also, I think that today's rules are pretty good. Things like tacklings in the legs from behind for example deserve a red card, they're unfair, very painful and very dangerous. I mean, where's the point in trying to break other people's legs? :err:
Well if he has broken legs it's much harder for him to run rings around you... :D In all seriousness, of course some tackles are over the top, but so many aren't. Even aince a few years ago, when I played, I would tackle a person from behind, take the ball first, then if I happened to follow through on the player it was still a fair tackle because I won the ball. Now, most refs blow up for a free kick - and even if the other player isn't even touched by the tackler. The shoulder charge now seems to be illegal, when there was absolutely no harm in it. I don't see why people shouldn't be allowed to tackle hard but fair - nowadays it seems like any aggression at all is penalised.

Guess what type of player I used to be. ;)

I totally agree with you on the tacklings there, but like I said, I think refs usually find a good balance.
Im really not a fan of Chelsea's, but that's one thing I loved about them in the first match versus Bayern. Joe Cole did a few of those tacklings, he tackled, touched the ball first, the other player fell over him and he ran away with the ball. I just love to see actions like that.. I mean, he did it against players who carry millions of Euros home every year and he snatched the ball away from them like that, that was very impressive.
Im really not against playing hard, but like I said, I hate unfair tackles.

hyena said:
@larocque: you mentioned somewhere else that you haven't worked for years. how the bu do you support yourself?
I still have not grasped the concept of bu
If I live another day or 50 years I have enough money
@hyena please check Your in box for a few rambling details

MagSec4 said:
He's a pimp!
You're not fooling anyone anymore, LaRocque. Come clean, man..
No way Jose
As in everything including sex it is much better to give than receive.
Come to think of it I had an xwife and a girlfriend or 2 who were trying to pimp me, Ain't no thing
A bit of advice if anyone tries to run a game on You where they want to exchange sex for money. Tell them this, "I'm looking for someone to work for me". A very interesting conversation should follow

well, people do pay other people they do/do not know for sex, occasionally, and in various ways. only with prostitutes you're sure - you pay, you get sex. ordinary people? meh, might be way more greedy, and they won't even give you some at the end of the day. fcku.

Why would anyone ever want to pay someone for sex? I mean, thoughts may wander while you're horny but Im pretty sure I could never do it. The second I wonder if maybe Im guy #100 or maybe closer to #200 would be the moment Id decide to leave.

Fact: I forgot to buy beer today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.