Post samples of your playing

hehe, i just noticed how old this thread was. No wonder i missed the presence of current regulars like ptah, mr tubbs, yngvai x, mr fast, ofsinsandshred, etc...

edit: damn i just made this place sound like a bar where everyone knows each other..:kickass:

yea i know what you're saying, at first i was like: "hey! SevenString/Leslie is back!". If i remember correctly, back then i posted as SpeedPowerShred, hehe silly kid...

RobbM said:
Hmmm, rack o' doom huh? What are you runnin on it? I'm just wondering how it compares to my rack...

furman pl-8
rocktron chameleon
tc electronic g-major
bbe sonic maximizer
behringer Eq (being ousted soon)
mosvalve mv-962 (soon to be either a mesa 20/20 or carvin ts100)

now being ran in true stereo with dual carvin lecacy 2x12's

ABQshred, I got a Jem 7v and man it is freaking killer, except the pickups suck to play symphony on not enough balls on the low end always sounds real muddy? so I stick to one my rg's for the heaver stuff and use the Jem for the more instrumental stuff.

Jaen said:
hehe, i just noticed how old this thread was. No wonder i missed the presence of current regulars like ptah, mr tubbs, yngvai x, mr fast, ofsinsandshred, etc...

edit: damn i just made this place sound like a bar where everyone knows each other..:kickass:
I missed the last post in this thread (not including yesterday's) by about 6ish months. And had I been here, I probably would've posted something a long time ago also. (But I sucked at guitar back in 2004 though.)

If I can ever get my bassist to finally get his video from our April show, I'll copy my extended Guitar Solo to its own video and post it.

goth_fiend said:
furman pl-8
rocktron chameleon
tc electronic g-major
bbe sonic maximizer
behringer Eq (being ousted soon)
mosvalve mv-962 (soon to be either a mesa 20/20 or carvin ts100)

now being ran in true stereo with dual carvin lecacy 2x12's

I think we think alike, heres my "Rack O' Doom":

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4526/rackodoom4ua.jpg

Everytime I turn it on, its like National Lampoon's X-mas vacation.:headbang:

I would forget about the 20/20, its waaaay over priced for slightly better EL84 tone (there like $600+:rolleyes: ) when you can get the carvin or a Peavey 50/50 for 1/2 the price, shit you could even get a mesa 50/50 cheeper.)
Are you using the Rocktron for your distortion? I've never been able to get a good useable tone out of it, I only use it for the HUSH, and delays for the loop in the ENGL, which is a three tube gain beast (think early Rammstein:kickass: ), even more gain and tone than the MP-1..I still use the POD for everyday shred stuff, I just can't get the tone I get from that, out of anything else :cry: . I may resort to getting the rack version, cause I HATE the red bean look. I was going to get a second Legacy 2/12, but I just don't see the use unless I had a boomerang or some kind of loop station/tap delay.

actually I use the chameleon as the base of my tone, I then use one of my 4 OD pedals (im getting a gcx soon) or my booster switch on my BVi guitar , it sounds massive it just takes a lot of time to tweak the eq on that thing, I want a psa-1 and a triaxis as well (empuu from nightwish uses a 2:90 and psa-1 for his main rig)

yeah, I'm not big on the PSA-1, its sounds a little to dry from lacking a 12ax7 base. If you can afford it, the triaxis = :worship: . A JMP-1 is still in that "affordable" range of $500 and comes closest to the triaxis tone. One of the things I really want to try is a Rocktron Prophesy, its suppose to destroy anything T.C Electronics ever made, and pritty much everything else, to bad its $1k.

I HATE the EQ's on the Chameleon, it seems like one of those "good ideas on paper" things. I wish I never blew the transformer on my Digitech Studio Tube GSP 2101 :cry: WHat a great unit that was, I actually might get another. Have you tried the Rocktron intellifex? I hear its much better than the Chameleon.

I'd like to hear your tone full on, becasue I really wasn't diggin it in your vid.

I really don't have a clue either, I just push buttons and turn dials and noise comes out..:heh: :p

ok, on a serious note, I have to go to bed now, but I was planning on making a movie (or a few) explaining all of it, in the next few days.

RobbM said:
yeah, I'm not big on the PSA-1, its sounds a little to dry from lacking a 12ax7 base. If you can afford it, the triaxis = :worship: . A JMP-1 is still in that "affordable" range of $500 and comes closest to the triaxis tone. One of the things I really want to try is a Rocktron Prophesy, its suppose to destroy anything T.C Electronics ever made, and pritty much everything else, to bad its $1k.

I HATE the EQ's on the Chameleon, it seems like one of those "good ideas on paper" things. I wish I never blew the transformer on my Digitech Studio Tube GSP 2101 :cry: WHat a great unit that was, I actually might get another. Have you tried the Rocktron intellifex? I hear its much better than the Chameleon.

I'd like to hear your tone full on, becasue I really wasn't diggin it in your vid.

tell me about it, the gsp is awesome, but as big a pain in the ass as the chamleon, as for the intellifex I have one, as for it being better then the cham, only in the fact that it has more effects parameters (its not a preamp at all) I replaced it simply because I didnt like the way it degraded my tone when I used it, the g-major doesnt do that, as for the vid, the volume was way low, when I crank the poweramp it gets MASSIVE.

I want the triaxis something aweful, I will get one eventually, as well as a 2:90 probably, not a fan of the jmp, not really a fan of marshall stuff as it is, engl stuff though:worship: :worship: :worship:

That's quite interesting, I never thought of that before, although it's so much
better than just an amp-combo.

I've searched the net and found some different units...

Code:
Equalization  :  Behringer FBQ6200 Ultragraph Pro

Effects  :  Lexicon MX200    (or tc electronic g-major)

Modelling  :  POD (XT PRO but it's quite expensive so maybe just the II)    OR   Behringer V-AMP Pro (although I think the POD has way better sounds)#

So far is that a good compilation or rather bad?

And furthermore I need something to actually amplify the tone with 150 or 250 W, any advice?

thanks!

That, my friends is part of why I pissed my pants on April 1st, during The Root of All Evil.