Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

The Green Hornet:

Meh, it was okay. 6/10. Your usual Seth Rogan comedy, minus the weed. There are some clever parts, but it hugely lacks a real plot/build up quality; everything just happens. The theater was damn loud, it was hurting my ears! Lucky for me my woman always has hearing protection for me, just in case.

Piranha (the new one) 10/10.

Could not stop laughing. So nice to see a B-movie that doesn't get self aware about being shit and try to treat the whole thing with irony. Funny-cos-it-sucks only works when the movie is actually trying to be good. Don't try to be clever about it, don't wink at me and go "Hey, watch how shit this next part is", just try to make a good movie and suck at it, providing hilarity.

Be more like Jaws 4, Fist of the North Star, or Born A Ninja, and less like Snakes on a Plane and House of 1000 Corpses.

Black swan 7/10

It felt like the movie was 4hours.....
To much dancing. Would be a fucking 9/10 if the psycho thrill would start earlier. It felt like the movie was more about the dancing then about the broken girl.

The Girl Who Played With Fire - 7/10

Not quite as good as "Dragon Tattoo ..." but overall a really good bridge movie ... I'm looking forward to checkin out "Hornets Nest" and see where this all ends up. Plus it'll be cool to have it all under my belt before Fincher's version comes out which all the naysayers can suck it ... it'll be badass

Zeitgeist: Addendum.

How I wish more people were exposed to this documentary, and make of it what they will. I'm sure it will entice people into demanding more information about the world we live in and will surely elicit the will for change and for communitarian good. Whether all that is stated in the documentary is entirely true or not is another question. I for one found it immensely appealing, along with the first documentary by the same creator. A third has been released and will eagerly watch it once I have the time.

Please check it out if you have the time! And if you already have, what are your opinions? I know the Venus Project is very radical and presents itself out of the blue half-way through the movie, but you have to say that it does seem promising. The documentary basically elucidates and manages to articulate that which has been building inside my mind as I began to observe and question society and its institutions throughout the years. It made me understand so much more and am very eager to show it to people who are open-minded yet may provide some more insight on the basis of the stated facts in the documentary. All in all it demands a viewing, regardless of your creed or political or ideological orientation. It's always good to hear new perspectives and hopefully enlighten and expand our own. Recommended! :kickass:

Pretty good summary dude, I haven't seen this particular one but I have seen the first one. I'd agree that while you shouldn't take every point made in the film for granted, in fact the movie almost tells you not to.
I felt it helped me to embrace the idea of wanting to be nuetral and pragmatic in my understanding of the world. Without being a paranoid cunt about it. :heh:

I've seen all three and it gets progressively less conspiracy driven each time in favor of trying to get rid of the money system, religion and build some crazy utopian society that I'm never going to see in my life time. I'm not sure we are capable of ever getting there either. People are cunts, and beliefs driven by emotions, I feel will never go away. Just try and talk, for example, muslims into this way of life. :lol:

Maybe I'm totally wrong but it doesn't matter. I'll be long gone before any of it. :lol:

Anyways, I enjoyed watching all three FWIW.

I Sell the Dead 8/10 - Relatively straightforward, felt a little like Evil Dead in its humor, but still fun.

Sunshine 2/10 - Seriously? This is the best the world can put forward to save the planet? Bunch of whiny psychotic bitches with soft-science. Blegh.

I've seen all three and it gets progressively less conspiracy driven each time in favor of trying to get rid of the money system, religion and build some crazy utopian society that I'm never going to see in my life time. I'm not sure we are capable of ever getting there either. People are cunts, and beliefs driven by emotions, I feel will never go away. Just try and talk, for example, muslims into this way of life. :lol:

Maybe I'm totally wrong but it doesn't matter. I'll be long gone before any of it. :lol:

Anyways, I enjoyed watching all three FWIW.

This is very true, however even the small things help, such as being self-sufficient with one's energy and to respect our environment and fellow man even more. Things we take for granted too much of the time. At least people who watch it may just become aware of just how deeply we're getting fucked in the ass by those in power without even knowing it. It has to start somewhere. I'm glad you enjoyed them though!

What's Eating Gilbert Grape - 9/10
I've seen it before, but this was my first time watching it since moving here to Manor, TX where the movie was shot. A majority of it was filmed literally 1 mile from my house...was really cool seeing the local landmarks. Di Caprio's best performance ever, IMO.