Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

^ I heard from someone who read the book that the whole thing could have been finished with 20 mins more of movie time. Haven't seen it myself.

Click (2006)
A workaholic architect finds a universal remote that allow
him to fast-forward and rewind to different parts of his life.
Complications arise when the remote starts to overrule his choices.

9.5/10

The Hobbit - 7/10 - dragged out too much, two movies would have been perfect, still enjoyed the technical aspect of seeing it in 48fps and 3D, felt like being inside a PC game or something.
Cloud Atlas - 3/10 - a new Wachowski low.
Django Unchained - 7/10 - Tarantino does Tarantino; lots of people die.

Hobbit 7/10 from me too.

Before the gollum scene it was about 5/10 and after that 8/10.

Let's just hope the rest will be more like the second half of the movie rather than the first.

Funny how people complain about the Hobbit being 3 parts and that 2 parts would have been better, even nobody so far seen all three parts

or when they complain about it just being a money grab ... I think a lot of people don't realize its NOT just based on the one book. He's incorporating various stories and events from outside the Hobbit that either happened in tandem / parallel or were indirectly responsible for the events that occur and lead into LOTR

Thats a LOT of material and I wouldn't be surprised if we're given some parts from the Silmarillion since chances are they'll never get PJ to do the entire book

not the Silmarillion as a whole but bits and pieces have already been used, for instance the entire intro to Fellowship

last thing I read was that as of now, the estate has no interest is selling the rights for the book proper to be turned into movies ... that likely just means they're waiting to see how much more $$$ the Hobbit trilogy will generate for them because they were also against that after the LOTR

Changeling 7/10 I'm sure many people would give it a higher score, cause it's really well made and the story (the second half much more than the first) keeps you interested, but it's absolutely not to my taste, not the kind of movie I like so it bored me quite a lot throughout its nearly 2 1/2 hours of a skinny, decrepit, generally unpleasant to watch Angelina Jolie (yes, apparently that's possible) crying, crying, getting pissed and crying more.

Silver Linings Playbook - 8/10 -

Emotional disturbed Bradley Cooper gets released from a psych ward 8 months after nearly killing the man fucking his wife, meets Jennifer Lawrence, and is confused as to why he has a boner for a woman that isn't his aforementioned wife.

Jennifer Lawrence, or J-La, is an emotional disturbed widow that offers up her vagina to anyone as a way of saying "hello". You do not see the vagina. Or the titties. Bullshit.

Robert DeNiro plays a character that isn't a gangster for once, although he is also emotionally disturbed, but does a damn fine job at it. There are other people with varying amounts of psychoses in there, too, but I don't know their names so they don't matter.

The plot is the basic story of growth and redemption, but the performances and the dialog are the reason to see this movie. I thought going into it that it would be kind of a chick-flick drama and I was wrong. It was very much a comedy. Oh, according to this movie "Ride the Lightning" is probably the heaviest album ever made.

The Hobbit - 8.5/10 - I saw it in 2D and loved it. I'm a fan of all the books and the pace seemed to match up pretty well. I'm perfectly happy with it being split into 3 movies, though I wish I could watch them all now!

Lincoln - 9/10 - Terrific movie. It moved slowly as well but I enjoyed every minute of it. Definitely don't skip this one if you're interested in history or politics.

Killing Them Softly - 5/10 - feels incomplete - messy tie ins.
7 Psychopaths - 8/10 - cleverly self aware, tongue in cheek and emotionally pulls you in - worth watching twice. Best film I've seen recently.

I watched Looper yesterday and loved it - 9/10.

While completely different from another recent favorite of mine the movie Another Earth (also a 9/10), both were successful at using a science fiction trope as a background to a more human story. In Looper it's time travel, in Another Earth it's the idea that we are just one possible existence of the same being. While time travel is used more prominently in the story of Looper, it was not the focus of the movie to me, just the tool to setup the story - something Another Earth did in exemplary fashion with is second earth appearing in the sky at the start of the movie, setting the situation and ultimate question asked in place for the rest of the movie.

If you see Looper - get the Blu-Ray version as the deleted scenes with commentary are worth it - they cut a ton of scenes that while some may indeed be unnecessary as they are already explained points and just expansions on thoughts and scenes, I'd love if they included a version of the film with them included. Most seem to have been cut simply to keep the running time down, but would work well in a "directors cut" version.