Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Finally got around to watching The Big Lebowski, and it was definitely...unusual, but also pretty goddamn funny (the whale song relaxation tape really got me :lol: ) - 7.5/10 because of the absence of plot, but I can imagine I'll like it better on repeated viewings once I know to expect an absence of plot :D

the best movie ever.

Star Trek (the remake that was released this year) - 7/10. Stunning visuals, good action, but plot was kinda :erk:

the best movie ever.

Star Trek (the remake that was released this year) - 7/10. Stunning visuals, good action, but plot was kinda :erk:

+1 to everything except the rating, 5/10 here, IMO the plot felt secondary to the ENDLESS substanceless action/chase setpieces - not to mention the questionable logic of giving one of the most state-of-the-art Federation ships to a bunch of 20-somethings straight out of the academy (to quote Roger Ebert, it looked like "bring your kids to work day" :loco: )

Funny People - 7 or 8/10

Pretty good, seemed to drag a bit in a few spots toward the end, though.

Watched The Island again.. I really like it. Fairly original concept (or at least original take on it), and Scarlett is just walking sex.

vlcsnap-15749995.jpg

Finally got around to watching The Big Lebowski, and it was definitely...unusual, but also pretty goddamn funny (the whale song relaxation tape really got me :lol: ) - 7.5/10 because of the absence of plot, but I can imagine I'll like it better on repeated viewings once I know to expect an absence of plot :D

You definitely will man, you'll notice little things that you missed while paying attention to a plot that doesn't exist and you'll crack up.

I'm still yet to get really baked and watch it, something I have to do before I die. :Spin:

honestly, i don't know how one could say there's an absence of plot in it...the plot is that the dude gets sucked into some other dude's bullshit simply because they have the same name, and tries to get his rug back...

anyways, i watched shoot em up last night. 4/10 - slightly entertaining, but a totally overblown and unbelievable piece of shit regardless

You definitely will man, you'll notice little things that you missed while paying attention to a plot that doesn't exist and you'll crack up.

I'm still yet to get really baked and watch it, something I have to do before I die. :Spin:

Yeah, I was sober the first time I watched it (actually, I was hungover as hell and had puked 4 times in the the preceding ~15 hours, so it was...difficult watching him down all those white russians, and I had to look away during the bowling ball dream sequence :lol: )

honestly, i don't know how one could say there's an absence of plot in it...the plot is that the dude gets sucked into some other dude's bullshit simply because they have the same name, and tries to get his rug back...

Haha, yeah, I should rephrase - there was a plot, it was just so ridiculously convoluted and then had the most pitifully hollow resolution, and I was expecting The Dude to come to some great personal revelation and change his ways or something; however, I now of course realize that's what makes the movie, so again, once I know what to expect I'm sure I'll like it even more!

And that rug really tied the room together :lol: