Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Like Keanu Reeves, Hugh Grant, etc.? :D

But seriously.. He was quite good/different in 21 (the blackjack cardcounting movie), apart from that I can't think of any.

Didn't see that one - but I doubt anyone would say Keanu Reeves is anywhere near as well-respected an actor as Spacey (even though I actually think he gets kind of a bad rap), and I haven't seen a single movie Hugh Grant has been in, they all just look so fucking awful :lol: I'm just saying, it seems like Spacey is held in incredibly high regard as an actor, which is why I mentioned it

K-PAX - 7/10; started strong, disappointing resolution. But honestly, can anyone tell me if there's a movie Kevin Spacey has been in where he DOESN'T play the exact fucking same incredibly dry, world-wearied sarcastic dude? I mean, yes, he does it well in that he's convincing in every scene I watch him in, but in all the movies I've seen him in (Se7en, Usual Suspects, American Beauty, and now this), there seems very little variety, which I just don't find quite as respectable as an actor who can really get into all sorts of vastly different roles with equal conviction.

That's pretty much how I feel about Robert Deniro and Al Pacino. You may find one or two exceptions but it seems like in every movie you see the same person. Even when Deniro played in comedy (analyze this, meet the parents).

Pineapple Express - 10/10

Even if I hadn't been incredibly high, it still probably would have been one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and certainly was because I was embracing its subject matter :D Seriously though, so many absolutely hysterical moments and lines; when Dale (Seth Rogen's character) is trying to flee the scene of the murder and keeps slamming into the cop cars while screaming hysterically, the fact that they only ever referred to the rival drug dealers as "the asians", and the black henchman (Craig Robinson, who was equally funny in Zack and Miri and The Goods) with practically every single line he spoke ("Man, Ima kill the FUCK outta you" :lol::lol::lol: )

EDIT: Oh my fucking god, and the fight at the nursing home - man, I gotta watch this sober so I can remember it all, there was just so much gold :lol:

K-PAX - 7/10; started strong, disappointing resolution. But honestly, can anyone tell me if there's a movie Kevin Spacey has been in where he DOESN'T play the exact fucking same incredibly dry, world-wearied sarcastic dude? I mean, yes, he does it well in that he's convincing in every scene I watch him in, but in all the movies I've seen him in (Se7en, Usual Suspects, American Beauty, and now this), there seems very little variety, which I just don't find quite as respectable as an actor who can really get into all sorts of vastly different roles with equal conviction.

Check out:
The Ref (Hilarious movie - one of my favorite darker comedies)
Pay It Forward (tacky and cheesy but I liked it for some reason)
L.A. Confidential

i thought you hadnt partaken of the devils lettuce yet jonas

was pineapple express directed by judd apatow?

Yup, by far his funniest IMO!

EDIT: Oh my fucking god :lol::lol::lol:

"YOU WAS ROOFLESS" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
cant possibly be funnier than the 40 year old virgin
it CANT be
.... could it?

FUCK YOU MAN K-PAX IS THE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

also

The men who stare at goats - 6/10.. Had a laugh or two while watching it, but I kinda had higher hopes for it (Seems like the kind of comedy hollywood goes for atm is not really my thing)

The box - 4/10 .. awful movie :puke:

You know, I honestly never thought that Indian guy was that funny; if anything, the oft-used comedic device of foreign people talking about really profane and graphic sex acts usually just annoys me at how juvenile it is (though by far the worst was the little Chinese dude in "The Hangover", uggghhh :Smug: Really thought that movie was quite overrated)

cant possibly be funnier than the 40 year old virgin
it CANT be
.... could it?

Dude, watch that vid I linked above, as well as this one :lol:

"HOLY COCK!!" And Red's (the guy in the robe and yellow shirt) fighting style is so awesome :lol: