Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

I don't know how it did. I had high hopes for it, but it just got real bad real quick. They got the uniforms, lingo, and setting right. But from there on it was all wrong. And I'm tired of the 'everyone has PTSD that went to Iraq' thing. It really isn't like that over there. People get PTSD that never leave a base. Obviously it makes for a good storyline though.

Yeah I keep seeing "OGM FILM OF THE YEAR AWARDS" being handed out left right and center for it, but I'm somewhat skeptical for the reasons you've listed.

Also, just watched Eraserhead with Mum.
Don't think i could rate it out of 10, i feel too fucking ill

Oh, watched Goodfellas on Bluray last night ,really nice transfer, couldn't find an instance of grain anywhere \m/
Apart from a few vertical crackly lines, sort of, but they kind of added to it?

Very tasty though

Best mobster movie ever. That was actually playing on television tonight here, but, to listen to them butcher the dialog to remove all the bad language ruins it.

I always laugh at the part where they're living with the parents, Ray Liotta comes home and the mother in law starts yelling, and he just laughs and goes back out again. Instant win. :lol:

I always laugh at the part where they're living with the parents, Ray Liotta comes home and the mother in law starts yelling, and he just laughs and goes back out again. Instant win. :lol:

I love that scene. I just can't bear to watch the movie in high definition - something about the movement always looks wrong to me...

Jeff

Best mobster movie ever. That was actually playing on television tonight here, but, to listen to them butcher the dialog to remove all the bad language ruins it.

HOLY SHIT you just reminded me of one of my favorite MadTV skits:

"Seeya next week!" :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that scene. I just can't bear to watch the movie in high definition - something about the movement always looks wrong to me...

Jeff

Another favorite is when their in the kitchen and she asks for money, and then goes down on him and he says "Ohhhh, alright". HAHA! :lol:

That of course is asifde from the scene with Pecsi which is my all-time favorite scene of the whole movie: "Whaddya mean... Do I look like a Clown... Do I amuse you"? That is by far the best Pesci scene ever. :kickass:

HOLY SHIT you just reminded me of one of my favorite MadTV skits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp4QVYNAFcQ

"Seeya next week!" :lol::lol:

Dude - that show fucking RULED!!!

X-Men 2 was the fun times. When Wolverine fills that bitch full of adamantium at the end, so brutal

Natural Born Killers - 7/10
Good film, but there's just SOMETHING about it I can't quite put my finger on that stops it from being the surrealist masterpiece I know it is deep down.

Whats the best David Lynch film? I want to start watching more of his shit, I've seen Blue Velvet, but thats the only one of his I've seen so far.

id say inland empire but i think many would be very, very inclined to disagree with me. most would say mulholland drive because its a good blend of story, characterisation and his trademark surrealism.
mulholland drive is brilliant but inland empire showcases a director pushing the very boundaries of what the medium of film is capable of, story, plot and characterisation be damned.
plus no other film has fucked me quite as much as IE, it did horrible, horrible things to me. out of body experiences, palpitations, heart beating so hard my chest was in agony

2012 on Bluray - 5/10 but I must say that there are some interesting ideas in this movie... And why the hell do they insist on making movies so fucking long nowadays. Give it up I almost fell asleep halway into the movie.

Jennifer's Body ... 5/10

Not great but slightly entertaining, got to hear Megan Fox talk about getting banged in the ass and no matter what, it was better than Final Destination 4

New moon : What has been seen cannot be unseen/10
(don't ask why, I had to please someone obviously)
The Time traveller's wife : Give me a fucking break/10
Up In the Air : Meh/10

Also just saw Silent Hill in Bluray - 7.5/10

I thought it was pretty decent, never got the urge to skip scenes. Visually it's fucking impressive, the photography crew did a fantastic job, I don't understand how it gets rated so badly everywhere but I felt this was honestly a good movie, only annoying thing was there wasn't any direct confrontation between the main character and the demons like in the game, she was just running all the time basically, but it was a pretty good movie regardless, thought they were gonna twist the end into a hollywood happy ending, but didn't which was cool. Oh and ... PYRAMID HEAD!!:kickass:

Also just saw Silent Hill in Bluray - 7.5/10

I thought it was pretty decent, never got the urge to skip scenes. Visually it's fucking impressive, the photography crew did a fantastic job, I don't understand how it gets rated so badly everywhere but I felt this was honestly a good movie, only annoying thing was there wasn't any direct confrontation between the main character and the demons like in the game, she was just running all the time basically, but it was a pretty good movie regardless, thought they were gonna twist the end into a hollywood happy ending, but didn't which was cool. Oh and ... PYRAMID HEAD!!:kickass:

+1 I like Silent Hill a lot. I mean the mean ass pyramid head with the cleaver is just fucking awesome.