Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Has anyone seen "The Road" yet? It's one of my favorite books. I really hope they haven't butchered the movie.

Nah I haven't yet, but it looks to be getting pretty good reviews. Lots of people slagging it off for being slow and not having much of a story but the ones that give it good reviews seem to realise that's the whole point of it. I'm excited to see it, I love me some post-apoc goodness!

Also RE: Silent Hill movie. Pyramid Head was in Silent Hill 2 because he is a representation of the main character's insecurities and neuroses. Now he just makes arbitrary appearances for tha fans, not because he actually has a place there. Same goes for the zombie nurses, that was a representation of sexual insecurity for the character in question, not just made to be put there for fans. This is why I personally loathed the movie. So much stuff was totally out of place.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wqmnJrOFM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wqmnJrOFM[/ame]

black dynamite - 9/10 It must be one of the best comedies from the last 20 years.

Yeah, it´s from 2009. The action takes place in the 70´s. It´s somehow a tribute to the films of that time. But it´s really funny.:lol:

I'm going to watch that tonight. I started to last night but I was to tired to continue. From the very beginning (commercial) you can tell this is going to be epic 70's cheese.

Fuck yes, I've actually seen Dolemite (one of the more popular Blaxploitation films, as they're called, of the 70s), so I should enjoy that even more, thanks for the heads-up! :D

This scene alone makes me want to see it.

I want the last line as a ringtone so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloverfield - 8/10 - This was much better than I was expecting it to be
Fight Club - 8.5/10
Hostel - 6.5/10 - I liked the scene where the back of that dude's ankles get sliced, and the russian chicks through the first half were pretty hot :D

I know what you mean about the camera, some of it made me almost dizzy :D but I was expecting Cloverfield to be a piece of shit, I liked it haha

I have to see black Dynamite now.

I recently saw:

crazy heart 7/10 - not sure why everyone thinks this is the best movie up for an oscar. Hurt locker was better.
book of eli 7/10 - I was expecting to hate it, actually liked it a bit. The twist was meh.
old boy 10/10 - How had I not seen this sooner? such an awesome film.
avatar 7/10 - I had alot of issues with it. I was entertained otherwise though. I also wasn't impressed with the special effects and I saw it in imax 3d.

Funny People 10/10

I fucking love that movie.
After a decade I found a movie ,
I thought about watching it again right after I finished it

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to see Black Dynamite for a while now, is it on DVD? That looks so fucking funny , and isn't that the Spawn guy? Also I love how on the Black Dynamite site you can upload a pic of someone and "Dynamite yo' Self"

BTW Just saw Sherlock Holmes , 9 / 10 Robert Downey rules