Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

Inception 7/10 - plot was better than meh, special effects were very well done.

Moon 8/10 - knew what the twist was almost from the beginning, but a good movie nonetheless

My Name is Bruce 3/10 - not going to recommend it, even for Bruce Campbell fans. and my son's name is Ash

Ren & Stimpy Season 1 10/10 - my inner child was renewed

christopher nolan has always been that sorta guy though. summer blockbuster movies with pretensions of being art flicks.

Who cares how popular his movies are? If they're good, they're good...

Memento fucking ruled. Both Insomnia & The Prestige were pretty damn good. His Batman movies were also pretty damn good in comparison to most big budget comic book superhero movies.

I need to see Inception.

The film is an atrocity that doesn't deserve to be called Silent Hill >:{

Americans missing the point of Japanese horror once again. Eurgh.

That's being a bit pretentious, don't you think?

Sure, it wasn't a masterpiece, but for what it is, I thought it was pretty enjoyable... could have been WAY worse...

That's being a bit pretentious, don't you think?

Sure, it wasn't a masterpiece, but for what it is, I thought it was pretty enjoyable... could have been WAY worse...

+1, I dug it alot the first couple of times I saw it, too. They made Pyramid Head into a complete bad ass. I mean, he holds a bitch up, and rips her fucking skin off with one hand.

Metal.

Yep I loved so much silent hill (8/10), but I can understand why GarethSE didn't like it, it is so different from the "japanese fear" so if you like the original movies like the ring/the grudge, this is a totally different approach to fear.
silent hill is really "american", way different than the game atmosphere.

I guess it's different for fans of the game. Personally I also really enjoyed silent hill. What I really liked besides the gorgeous visuals was that even though it was a horror movie there was not one single "boo" moment and still it managed to be scary. It baffles me why people enjoy them so much, it's just a cheap way to scare you.

I guess it's different for fans of the game. Personally I also really enjoyed silent hill. What I really liked besides the gorgeous visuals was that even though it was a horror movie there was not one single "boo" moment and still it managed to be scary. It baffles me why people enjoy them so much, it's just a cheap way to scare you.

Agree 100%.

yup, I was right... saw Inception last night. I definitely give it 9/10.. .maybe even 9.5/10. :)
The wife and I have already said we're gonna go see it again while it's in the theater, but maybe IMAX the 2nd go round. woot!

Kick-Ass
dont know what i could rate it as numerically, but it's a brilliant deconstruction (and reconstruction) of the superhero genre, full of tasteless humour and gore and strong character arcs ^_^

also one final complaint about the silent hill movie
NOT ENOUGH FOG >:{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Predators 5/10
didn't have high expectations but this movie was kinda mehhhhh, even If I'm a Predator fan ( I even liked AvP and AvP 2, just for the sake of seeing them fighting)
cool ideas now and then, but didn't feel like they finished their thoughts.
also mr fishburns time was so fuckin short :lol:
really nice effects with the tarning and specialvisions and so on. nice predators too.
but in the end there wasn't enough Predator action going on for me + they didn't catch their epicness this time around.