Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

The Town - 6/10

Too predictable.

I don't think it was predictable. It didn't had any amazing twists or whatever but the story was decent. I think it was supposed to be more of a character driven story.
I just saw it yesterday myself. It was an ok movie but having just read the book it was based on (prince of thieves by Chuck hogan) ruined it for me. Not just because I knew the basic story beforehand but because (not surprisingly I guess) it was so SO much better than the movie. I highly recommend it (the book that is).

edit: Also, Blake Lively is incredibly hot.

Just watched Paranormal Activity again but this time with the Spielberg ending. Holy shit. Way to ruin a perfectly good horror movie, Spielberg. Without spoiling it, all I can say is if you haven't watched the movie yet, make damn sure you watch the version with the original ending.

agree 100%

plus, the bullshit alternate ending completely destroys the continuity of part 2 ... the original theatrical ending is definitely miles better

TRON: Legacy 8/10

Really entertaining, beautiful to watch and had a fresh feel to it. There's a lack of originality out there lately, and this for some reason stood out as something different even though it was a sequel. I don't know how to describe it, but it was a nice change.

I don't think it was predictable. It didn't had any amazing twists or whatever but the story was decent. I think it was supposed to be more of a character driven story.
I just saw it yesterday myself. It was an ok movie but having just read the book it was based on (prince of thieves by Chuck hogan) ruined it for me. Not just because I knew the basic story beforehand but because (not surprisingly I guess) it was so SO much better than the movie. I highly recommend it (the book that is).

edit: Also, Blake Lively is incredibly hot.

It's pretty much the standard bad guy meets girl turns good. I don't think I can say too much more without spoiling it, but the entire story was pretty cliche, with a few minor exceptions. Still a decent flick.

Blake Lively is pretty hot. There's something about her though, that puts me off. Technically, she looks incredible and I can't find anything 'wrong', but there's just something about her that I find off-putting. Not dem tits tho, which were out and about in near-full glory.

Also after Gareth mentioning it I watched Inception again. Killer movie, I can't really say anything that hasn't been said a million times before.

It's pretty much the standard bad guy meets girl turns good. I don't think I can say too much more without spoiling it, but the entire story was pretty cliche, with a few minor exceptions. Still a decent flick.

You're right about the story having a lot of cliches. It's sad how they took most of the elements from the book that made it a great story and turned them into hollywood cliches. I expected more from it since Ben Affleck in his previous movie (gone baby gone) had done a much better job of adapting the book it was based on.

Just got back from Tron Legacy. 8/10

If you didn't like the original, you for sure won't like this one. And that being said, if you liked the original, this one isn't nearly as good. Seems like the goal of this one was more on FX than a cool story/concept.

But it's still worth seeing. Spend the extra bucks and watch it in 3D.

Just saw two:

Devil: 5/10
Good cinematography, the story stayed interesting throughout, but I totally predicted the "big twist" near the end based on what I though a hollywood film would do.

Book of Eli: 6/10
Good acting, good filming, decent ending. However, it is definitely geared toward an American christian audience, hollywood style.

I watched 3 movies on the over-Atlantic flight:

Knight and Day 7/10 - Okay romantic action movie starring Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise.

Predators 7/10 - Kinda like mix between Predator and The Cube

A-Team 3/10 - Holy fucking shit this was one of the most awful movies I've seen

Just saw two:
Book of Eli: 6/10
Good acting, good filming, decent ending. However, it is definitely geared toward an American christian audience, hollywood style.

I thought up a way better ending to this movie.

So he has these pages from what everyone believes is a book of prophecy as it shows images of tropical beaches and trees and unsurpassed beauty, legend goes around that the pages contains cryptic instructions that lead to the location the images come from, so everyone wants to kill Denzel for it and find the paradise for themselves. However at the end of the movie, after deciphering the instructions he finds the location they lead to is, in fact an old print works/warehouse stacked high with undamaged copies of a magazine that contains the same pages he has been carrying all this time, the cryptic directions are revealed to be nothing more than the address of the building revealed on fade out.

It's dumb as hell, but not as dumb as trying to protect the fucking bible. Like a post-apocalyptic wasteland isn't fucked enough without throwing ass backwards dogma into the mix.