Post the last film you watched and rate it out of 10!

about the book of eli:
it would've been even better if it would be something like the Necronomicon or the Lord of the Rings or something like that.
It just sucks that he has an empty book and knows the whole bible, just hate that ending.

just watched Ice Age (the first one) yesterday evening with my girl, yeah, I know it's for children, but I think it's hilarious
and still pretty good, so 8/10.
And I watched Monsters a few days ago, wasn't bad, but due to the trailer, I thought it would be better 6/10.

The Other Guys 7/10
About as good as Step Brothers... well not quite.

I really HATED step brothers , just did not find it funny at all. The Other Guys I thought was a lot better , and I almost died laughing in the beginning when (SPOILER) Sam Jackson and the Rock jump off that building lol.

Also I saw Tron Legacy last nite , I was really hyped for that movie and I was not disappointed. I'd give it a 9/10. Jeff Bridges was great as both Flynn and CLU, and I thought his CG tech was extremely impressive, the most realistic human face yet IMO. Garrett Hedlund was good too , and Olivia Wilde was of course very hot. I was hoping to see more of Tron though , a de-aged Bruce Boxleitner would've been awesome to see. I'm definitely down for the sequel when it inevitably comes.

Also I just realized this was probably the longest time gap between sequels in history !

The korean movie: I SAW THQ DEVIL 10/10 ...
fuckin great! I think its from the sqme guys who made OLDBOY... And this movie is 10/10 too!

Ummm...ok...was to lazy to check... But the main actor is the same
...i guess he is awesome in every movie!:)

Just got back from Tron Legacy. 8/10

If you didn't like the original, you for sure won't like this one. And that being said, if you liked the original, this one isn't nearly as good. Seems like the goal of this one was more on FX than a cool story/concept.

But it's still worth seeing. Spend the extra bucks and watch it in 3D.

I cant disagree with this more.....lol

I give it a 9 / 10

Visually stunning!

The story and the way the movie was made was really an extention of the first film. The directors did an excellent job of realizing Tron fans aren't children anymore. I think they did an excellent job taking the campy humor of the first film and bringing it to an adult level while keeping the story engaging and fun. The highlight for me was the bar scene. Michael Sheen is fucking incredible as the bar owner.

He truly is one of the greatest actors of our age. His performances in all 3 Underworld films was top notch as well as his performances in The Queen and Frost / Nixon were amazing. He really can do many different genres well!

I was kind of disappointed with the ending, but as with many films in this day and age the endings leave a bit to be desired.

Good news is there are 2 more movies coming, and they set up the next one really nicely in this one.

Watched lost highway again
god PAL dvd's fucking PISS ME OFF. all this region coding shit pisses me the fuck off.
You Americans got it fucking easy. PAL films are sped up 4%, which sounds like nothing but it's a) enough to pitch the music up by about a semit-one and b) enough to totally change the mood of whatever you're watching. the x-files in PAL is campy, cartoony and stupid, at the right speed it's tense and suspenseful. NTSC is just at the right fucking speed.

Anyone who's curious enough to see the difference, play your films in VLC Media Player, and in the bottom right corner there's a thing that says 1.00x. Click that and mousewheel down once to make it 0.96x. There's a setting in the options somewhere to let the change of speed change the audio too, make sure that's sorted, because you'll be watching whatever you're watching at the right speed but the audio will still be pitched up a semi-tone.

Anyway, played my PAL Lost Highway DVD at the right speed with VLC last night, totally, totally different. That extra bit of length enables you to study the facial expressions and the mood just that little bit more, really lets you dwell on every shot for just the right amount of time.
Utterly stunning film, felt like I was watching it for the first time again.
For bluray fans, this is out on bluray now in france. Saw a couple of scenes at my friends house and it looked and sounded stunning. Getting a copy soon myself!

Probably going to watch Tideland on bluray later.. Love that film, will report back later.

Watched lost highway again
god PAL dvd's fucking PISS ME OFF. all this region coding shit pisses me the fuck off.
You Americans got it fucking easy. PAL films are sped up 4%, which sounds like nothing but it's a) enough to pitch the music up by about a semit-one and b) enough to totally change the mood of whatever you're watching. the x-files in PAL is campy, cartoony and stupid, at the right speed it's tense and suspenseful. NTSC is just at the right fucking speed.

Anyone who's curious enough to see the difference, play your films in VLC Media Player, and in the bottom right corner there's a thing that says 1.00x. Click that and mousewheel down once to make it 0.96x. There's a setting in the options somewhere to let the change of speed change the audio too, make sure that's sorted, because you'll be watching whatever you're watching at the right speed but the audio will still be pitched up a semi-tone.

Anyway, played my PAL Lost Highway DVD at the right speed with VLC last night, totally, totally different. That extra bit of length enables you to study the facial expressions and the mood just that little bit more, really lets you dwell on every shot for just the right amount of time.
Utterly stunning film, felt like I was watching it for the first time again.
For bluray fans, this is out on bluray now in france. Saw a couple of scenes at my friends house and it looked and sounded stunning. Getting a copy soon myself!

Probably going to watch Tideland on bluray later.. Love that film, will report back later.

Gareth why don't you just get a region free dvd player?

then all the shit you really dig you can just buy the american versions

I bought one like 4 years ago for little more than the cost of a regular new dvd player and have never had a problem with anything

just a thought I'm sure you've already had ;)

My DVD player CAN play region 1 dvd's, just buying NTSC dvd's in the UK all the time is a fucking pain in the ass, so I don't bother and slow 'em down with VLC.

Fun with Dick and Jane - 7/10

VERY standard comedy, not one of Jim Carrey's best. I thought the story was too slow, and I'm not a fan of "awkward" humor. I just felt bad for the guy most of the time rather than laughing

Tron Legacy 6/10

I got in my usual one movie every three months. Saw it in 3D and that added a bit to the effects which were pretty cool. Aside from that I guess it felt like it had a pretty awesome start then just slowed down.

"Stay out of the Grind Flynn!"