Post your non-music hauls here

I just bought a PS3 on eBay on January first, and then I bought Assassin's Creed with the official strategy guide, and Heavenly Sword. The following day, I bought an additional SIXAXIS controller. The last three purchases arrived between two and four days after the order was placed, but the person who I bought the PS3 from didn't even get around to shipping the order until seven days later. Consequently, I had all this PS3 stuff that I couldn't use because the asshole hadn't even shipped it yet, and then it was still going to take another week to get here, because it's coming all the way from California. I kind of figured that for somebody with over 3,000 auctions and 98+% positive feedback, this wouldn't be an issue. Well, I'll certainly be contributing to their slightly less than 2% neutral or negative feedback, depending on the condition of the product on arrival.

You can't give him negative feedback if he gives you your item eventually and it works fine, so yeah I'd give him neutral...

Mmkay...

Charles Dickens - Bleak House
Frierich Nietzsche - The Birth Of Tragedy

I got a double bass pedal recently (for a drum set which I also got fairly recently), and spent nearly half an hour just trying to hold a steady beat with them, continually failing every 5-10 seconds.

I got a double bass pedal recently (for a drum set which I also got fairly recently), and spent nearly half an hour just trying to hold a steady beat with them, continually failing every 5-10 seconds.

Ha, yeah it sucks at first. Soon enough you'll get to the point where you don't even need to think about your feet.

Ha, yeah it sucks at first. Soon enough you'll get to the point where you don't even need to think about your feet.

Yeah, I'll be working on it. Learning to drum is still nowhere near as frustrating as learning to play guitar.

Yeah, I'll be working on it. Learning to drum is still nowhere near as frustrating as learning to play guitar.

You can still use a guitar practicing technique to help you with drumming, especially double bass; just use a metronome and set it to a certain beat and play along with it until you can do it 100% perfectly, then set it a little faster.

Get some triggers! :p

Triggers are for fags

It takes a long time to play at the speeds you want to play at. I'm not even close to where I want to be yet and have been playing for about 2 years.

My hands are pretty good though.

Someone recommended that I get a rudiment book. I'm kind of interested in that, since I don't want to end up overlooking certain basic drumbeats as I get further along in my practice. Has anyone here ever studied one of those?

The Life Of Pi
Hunters Of Dune
Some shirts:
Testament - Disciples of the Watch
Amon Amarth - Wrath of the Norsemen
Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes
Behemoth - Demigod
4 new packs of guitar strings (Ernie Balls, regular slinky). Hope these last longer than the last two...
Guitar Hero 3 (The Metal is too Metal for me on expert...fuckin' acoustic section)
XXX: State Of The Union - beyond awful, but I didn't pay money for it, so it's cool
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition (Unleash the nerd within!)

Learning to drum is still nowhere near as frustrating as learning to play guitar.

I would disagree. You can learn to play basic songs (stuff by Sabbath, the Ramones, etc) in about 10 minutes on guitar (literally). I can't even come close to keeping the most basic beats on drums. I have much respect for you dudes...

I should be receiving my laptop back from the repair shop this week. Does that count?

I can't wait to have my own stuff again and also change my avatar back so I can get rid of that sodding Christmas hat. If I'd known my laptop was going to commit suicide over Christmas I would never have changed it in the first place!

Guitar Hero 3 (The Metal is too Metal for me on expert...fuckin' acoustic section)

Yeah, that section is fucking hard! I'm like half way through on Through the Fire and Flames

Someone recommended that I get a rudiment book. I'm kind of interested in that, since I don't want to end up overlooking certain basic drumbeats as I get further along in my practice. Has anyone here ever studied one of those?

My dad bought me The Evolution of Blastbeats by Derrick Roddy. It's an excellent book for drummers wanting to play metal. Recommended.

This guy I work with let me borrow the first 3 seasons of Nip/Tuck & I burnt myself copies of them. I'm close to the end of season 1. Damn, I think that has to be the best TV ever, by far. I haven't seen many TV shows though. I think Nip/Tuck has amazing characters. Christian & Ava are great fucking characters.

I would disagree. You can learn to play basic songs (stuff by Sabbath, the Ramones, etc) in about 10 minutes on guitar (literally). I can't even come close to keeping the most basic beats on drums. I have much respect for you dudes...

If you start really slow & have someone to coach you it's not too hard to keep a really basic beat & make it sound good. You should be able to do it in a few days if you practice for just 20 minutes each day.

With guitar it's impossible to teach most how to play who have never played before. It takes a different kind of coordination.

Both instruments can be EXTREMELY demanding, but I always thought guitar was an instrument like no other in that there are so many different things you can do with one. No one on this planet has every TRULY mastered guitar, but it's possible that the same can be said of drummers.