PP USA XII: Mid-Week Mayhem & Kick-Off news

Says the guy who honestly believed Sabaton would have returned as a headliner this past ProgPower. Simon, Simon... :lol:

Smart ass! :bah: I will admit now that was a silly guess. However, I think they would make more sense than Seventh Wonder. They have a bigger catalog and didn't play two different sets when they were here.

Personally, I would love to see Seventh Wonder come back and do a special acoustic (yes acoustic!!) set! They were just amazing this year!

Will my suggestions are often not if ever agreed with but you know there is Solitude Aeturnus and Twisted Tower Dire that could be considered. A TTD member will already be playing in one band on the fest.

Well, if you are going to say that, I think Brave playing would be a good choice, since three members of that band will be playing in one band at the fest. :p

Seriously, tho, I could see them being one of the openers on Thursday. Probably wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, since they aren't particularly heavy, but I think they'd go over well enough.

Helloween and Stratovarius are supposed to be in the U.S. next year,but that really doesn't qualify as something Glenn hasn't done before.But I'd kill for a ticket if he booked both of them

I'm going to roll the dice here and throw out TSO. Been turned down for covering them for three years running in multiple cities (newspapers only, soundboard shoot, 3 songs). I'd damn near shoot that tourbook for free (hint, hint).

Close second - Flight 666 coming to town.

-A

Well, if you are going to say that, I think Brave playing would be a good choice, since three members of that band will be playing in one band at the fest. :p

Seriously, tho, I could see them being one of the openers on Thursday. Probably wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, since they aren't particularly heavy, but I think they'd go over well enough.

I really like Brave and would never be oppose to seeing them but I was thinking metal. To me Brave is a jazzy 10,000 Maniacs.

I would like to see some power before main event, maybe GRAVE DIGGER, FALCONER, AXEL RUDI PELL, HIBRIA or even two of my fave US bands like LIZZY BORDEN and LEATHERWOLF

Just my two cents

Leatherwolf did not seem to go over to well from how it looked viewing the audience. Myself it was one of the bands I was looking most forward to that year, though several elements lacked that are key to making up Leatherwolf. It seemed more like watching a cover band.
As for Lizzy Borden well that is long over due. But I see Lizzy suffering a similar reaction that Leatherwolf got and the same all older metal gets; I referr to the responses I heard from many about Sanctuary and from people before Crimson Glory played.

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Glenn on getting Immortal to headline the Thursday night show. :lol: :lol:

Or maybe a Dimmu Borgir cover set? Snowy and Vortex will already be there hahaha.

Oh, you're so wrong. But as long as they did "Insight and the Catharsis" I'd be up for this. :)

I'm going to roll the dice here and throw out TSO. Been turned down for covering them for three years running in multiple cities (newspapers only, soundboard shoot, 3 songs). I'd damn near shoot that tourbook for free (hint, hint).

TSO for maybe a Beethoven's Last Night show? I don't think they came to Atlanta on that long-rumored tour, but surely they'd be bigger than the Center Stage for it....?

Close second - Flight 666 coming to town.

Just a tad beyond Glenn's budget, methinks. More's the pity. :)

It's hard to think of something that has never been done that would still fit. I am hoping for a band with all or mostly harsh vocals. I will hope for Atheist.

Seriously? I could come up with an endless list of bands
I am basing the idea that it is hard on how often I am wrong about anything when it comes to surprises at progpower. I didn't mean it was hard for you.

Since Glenn dug up Sanctuary for the Main Event, how about another 80's band for MWM.....

Last edited by a moderator: