PP USA XII: Mid-Week Mayhem & Kick-Off news

I am basing the idea that it is hard on how often I am wrong about anything when it comes to surprises at progpower. I didn't mean it was hard for you.

With Progpower now opening up a bit more to the possiblities the options are even broader now. Still event in the past there were still enough good band that Symphony X, Evergrey and Kamelot would not have been needed for every year. They were thewre every year right? (rhetorical)
Granted there is no more band, but I have always wondered why Running Wild has never come up. They seem like they would have been a sure bet on an early edition.

Folks,

Let's keep a bit of perspective here so false expectations will not be raised. This is the Kick-Off show we are talking about with a MUCH smaller budget. So while Shane and I are planning a format we haven't done before, let's not think we are bringing in some further oddball or rarity. The roster is already diverse enough for the main festival to allow us to do as we please for Thursday.

Folks,

Let's keep a bit of perspective here so false expectations will not be raised. This is the Kick-Off show we are talking about with a MUCH smaller budget. So while Shane and I are planning a format we haven't done before, let's not think we are bringing in some further oddball or rarity. The roster is already diverse enough for the main festival to allow us to do as we please for Thursday.

well, drat - guess that means no Neil Diamond/Barry Manilow doing all the death metal classics...

bummer

:)

With Progpower now opening up a bit more to the possiblities the options are even broader now. Still event in the past there were still enough good band that Symphony X, Evergrey and Kamelot would not have been needed for every year. They were thewre every year right? (rhetorical)
Granted there is no more band, but I have always wondered why Running Wild has never come up. They seem like they would have been a sure bet on an early edition.
In my initial post I didn't mean it's hard to think of bands that have not played but more so types of bands that haven't played that is still within the prog/power realm (a band with all harsh vocals or a instrumental band being the only things I could think). Just to clear that up, not trying to be argumentative. Obviously there are tons of bands anyone could throw out that would fit in with the progpower scene. My new plan is to stop guessing and just plan on going.

well, drat - guess that means no Neil Diamond/Barry Manilow doing all the death metal classics...

I think I would pay double to see see Barry do Lunatic of God's Creation...assuming of course that he plans on burning the inverted cross in his forehead for the show.

Folks,

OK, then...

Manilla Road
Omen
Blackfoot
Aghora

The whole lineup should be cheap to pull off, and you might even get Jasonic to actually come down. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What else is new? I'm not even bothering to guess this time around as I know it'll be incorrect. While I love me some Grim Reaper, that isn't EVER going to happen.

That's not the point though. Having hopes for certain bands that "make sense" is one thing. Suggesting bands that can easily sell out a venue three times as big as Centerstage for a *KICK OFF* event (which common sense would tell me it has a smaller budget than the main show) is what I was referring to.

Are people really that naive that they simply think that any band can be booked at anytime someone says "We're gonna do something we've never done before?"

Then again, Glenn has the ability to pull off unexpected and amazing stuff. Yet, there's still a limit to what could and what couldn't be done.

That's not the point though. Having hopes for certain bands that "make sense" is one thing. Suggesting bands that can easily sell out a venue three times as big as Centerstage for a *KICK OFF* event (which common sense would tell me it has a smaller budget than the main show) is what I was referring to.

Are people really that naive that they simply think that any band can be booked at anytime someone says "We're gonna do something we've never done before?"

Then again, Glenn has the ability to pull off unexpected and amazing stuff. Yet, there's still a limit to what could and what couldn't be done.

Yeah I know which post you're talking about. Makes me laugh though. :lol:

All things considered, the Sentenced (reunion)/Ark (reunion)/Lost Horizon (reunion) lineup is probably the most realistic out of the ones in this thread.

All things considered, the Sentenced (reunion)/Ark (reunion)/Lost Horizon (reunion) lineup is probably the most realistic out of the ones in this thread.

:lol: The funny thing is that, though I never really considered this to be a serious guess, it became entirely possible once I saw some of the people's guesses/hopes/suggestions... :lol:

Folks,

Ok then, I'm good with the idea of putting Grim Reaper on the main fest sometime. That reunion would be great.
And lower budget well TTD are not far away, just tell them that you have beer and they will be there.

What else is new? I'm not even bothering to guess this time around as I know it'll be incorrect. While I love me some Grim Reaper, that isn't EVER going to happen.

Well I would not have though of Sanctuary in a million years, but this festival has finally surprised me.
I knew there was no way for a pre- pre show, I just wanted to show my support for the mighty Grimmett & co.

Sabaton
Symphony X
(insert a 'solid,' probably US-based power-metal band here)

:)