ProgPower USA VIII Date

Not sure if they have any left, but have you tried:

Marriott Suites Atlanta Midtown
35 14th St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
1-404-876-8888
0.4 miles

I'd recommend it. The doorman James has recognized me and remembered my name since PP4, it's pretty friendly and the staff has occasionally gone in ordering some late night burgers with me. Also, good exercise room. I noticed last year during Leatherwolf as I was pumping my fist wildly that it lacked definition, so I was able to go back, work out and not miss Circle II Circle. Good location.

Hey guys/gals,

I have a call in to Residence Inn to see ifwe can get some rate decrease consideration since we can pretty much guarantee them full occupancy if they are closer to the rates they had last year. If I am not mistaken a few people got moved elsewhere because they were completely booked last year correct? At this rate (with their new price) they won't have squat this year from us.

I'll let you know if it works out. What price point do you all feel comfortable paying, realising that it will be a bit more than last year? I know I had paid $129 night for the "studio" I think they call it. Would $139-145 be a good target for you all?

Feedback please, thanks!

Deron,

That's not a bad price, of course anything lower would be welcomed. If you can set it up please let me know..

Folks,

If all of the doubles are aleady gone at the Marriot per Dolamite, then you can safely assume that Deron's phone calls are going to fall on deaf ears.

Me: "Hi, how much for one reservation for October 3rd through the 7th, 2007"
Receptionist: "Oh, for Prog, huh?"

Even with the later weekend, they still know it's us! Maybe they're following the forum, too! :lol:

As of 5 minutes ago, the only rooms Granada have for Oct 3-7, 2007 are 1 bedroom apts (w/pull out couch) for $179/night.

Apparently all the 2 bedroom apts, and 2 bed junior suites are gone.

There are still other rooms available though. I just booked a room with King bed for $139/night.

fyi.....the only real 'doubles' at Residence Inn are the 2 bedroom suits. Unfortunately they really don't seem to have many of those.

However, all the studio's and one bedroom's have a queen bed and a pull out sofa (which atcually isn't half bad). And, they still have both of those available.

Good luck!

Reactions: Coldfire Mouse
Well this sucks it doesnt appear as if there are any suites left anywhere within walking distance.

Edit: To update this post I just got off the phone with a Marriott rep and there are no Marriott associated hotels with 2 beds left within a 2 mile distance suite or regular.

FYI all of the rooms at Marriot Midtown are actually suites, the standard king-bed rooms also have a pullout sofa-bed.

I thought maybe I could get on some kind of waiting list for 2 Bedroom suites, but alas Marriott does do a waiting list for particular room types since there are still 1 bedrooms available no waiting list. BLEH!

When I called the Granada at 7:00pm CST (8:00am Atlanta time) I was told
they had rooms but only single beds left. Made a $179 a night Res at RI for a single w/ sleeper sofa :mad:

Going to shop around the area, and maybe we'll just have to go further, & rent a car this year.....Yep, we're definately getting the gouge this year!

Somebody pass the K-Y!

Irritated, but still going (of course)

J-Dubya

When I called the Granada at 7:00pm CST (8:00am Atlanta time) I was told
they had rooms but only single beds left. Made a $179 a night Res at RI for a single w/ sleeper sofa :mad:

Going to shop around the area, and maybe we'll just have to go further, & rent a car this year.....Yep, we're definately getting the gouge this year!

Somebody pass the K-Y!

Irritated, but still going (of course)

J-Dubya

I feel ya Jdubya, we are getting screwed this year! I settled and went with 3 rooms at the Super 8 since I have 5 other people coming with me this year well 2 for sure and the others are varible.

It's very comforting when you hear different things coming out of the same hotel :mad: I just called the Granada (3 pm EST) and was told that they do NOT have any 2-br's left, but they DO have other rooms still available and that they are only at about 60% capacity for that time period.

The room that I booked online that showed as a regular room, king bed w/coffemaker is something she called a Jr. something-or-another and actually has a kitchenette Yay! The kitchenette was not mentioned on the web site, but neither was the fact that the king size bed was not guaranteed and that it might be queen bed. It's all in the details...

Dammit !!

Well, now i've to wait to see what promoter brings the best package:cry:

Same feeling here, and PP Europe is winning at the moment...On the other hand I wanna meet all my American friends in the US.... Very sad both are on the same weekend as I was really looking forward to spending two weekends in a row full of great music...:erk: