Project Studio Build

Yeah I know the feeling... I have to put some foil and particle board on the walls right now, and it´s impossible if you have no one who holds that shit so you can properly staple / screw. And nobody shows up :cry:
Jup, it sucks major cock.. And you should post WAY more pictures of your studio construction man! :)

The windows just got finally mounted. I waited for 4 freakin months.
For comparison purposes, the old windows. Controlroom:
controlroom_old.JPG
controlroom_old%20%28outside%29.jpg

liveroom:
liveroom_old.JPG

New ones (liveroom window is a 53db soundproofed window):
controlroom_new.JPG
controlroom_new%20%28outside%29.JPG

Liveroom:
liveroom_new.JPG

Jup, it sucks major cock.. And you should post WAY more pictures of your studio construction man! :)

Haha yeah you´re right :) There´s just not that much to see right now. We´re messing around with the drywall and the vapor barrier foil... Will post pictures when we paint the walls, fit the floors or put the fabric in.

Glad your window thing worked out finally... Looks very nice!

Hi Mika,
cool to see you chiming in :) I'm excited to see the first measurement results, too.

I worked on the four bass traps for the liveroom (The inner frame is getting covered with fabric soon)
I'm not yet shure if I should stain the wood.. it looks okay and it gets darker naturally, but perhaps staining it would look better with the natural-white fabric..
IMG_1187.jpg
IMG_1194.JPG

Also I drilled the holes for the LED lights in the clouds.
IMG_1164.JPG

Did a few minor things, but it was pretty time intensive nevertheless :/
I built the second casing for what should be a slot-panel absorber someday and then mounted and filled some more cable ducts.
And I continued to build the frames for the fabric, they will cover pretty much the whole construction.
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

I'm not going to lie, kinda jealous of your place. Nice work and glad your sharing your build. Gives me idea's for the future when i have some extra cash.

Slow progress. I started with one of the two backside cornertraps. There will be 2 of those absorber panels you can see in post #129 on each side. The board with the holes is just a protection against stupid musicians kicking my walls (and destroying them). The wire frame you see on the wall is there for the circulation, to prevent the stuff from moulding.. I also left some room at the bottom and the ceiling. And the filling this time is no Isover and no rockwool but hemp.
IMG_1285.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG

Haha, interesting choice. Do explain.
We decided to use this special Hemp because of its neraly pefect acoustiucal properties for our kind of use.
It has a much lower flow resisitivity against typical insulation which are about 5 kPas/m², since we used very deep Cornertraps for a good amount of broadband basstrapping for this room.

cheers
Mika

Bummer :( I actually get excited when I see you post updates in this thread, keep 'em coming! :headbang: By the way, wish I could get hemp over here (US), seems like such a great idea for corners.

So... getting the cloth on the clouds is not as easy and quick as I thought it would be. Firstoff, the cloth is 3x26meters and that's just too big to handle :lol:
Then, cutting out the fitting sheets isn't as easy because my rooms are full of stuff and the kitchen is pretty small. Then, getting the cloth to fit tightly is annoying as hell because it's very flexible.. haha. But I like the work because you immediately see the progress. We cut out all the required sheets for the clouds, but only managed to finish three of them.

Tomorrow two friends will help me putting the fabric on the other clouds and hopefully some of the other frames.. on saturday, the electrician will mount the last few electrical jacks and light switches and then I'll be able to finish the remaining three cornertraps.
I wrote the final exam for this semester last week, so I'm gonna have more time for the studio build now.
IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG