Project Studio Build

We just finished the frames for all four corners. Shitty work indeed.
IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

Oh and *fapfapfapfap*
IMG_1623.JPG

Lots of work, a friend stayed with me at the studio for a few days
IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

EDIT:
We had to do 2 layers of the fabric unfortunately, because it was too transparent and the ripple protection was black/dark so it looked a bit strange. It's still not perfect, and I hoped the boards would not be visible in the end.. but meh.
Remember there will be optical "compartments" with cherry/some other dark wood battens as a design element.
Regie%20front%20fraben%203%20mit%20speaker2.jpg

Also the slat absorbers and the tuned absorber in the lower back are still not finished

f*cking awesome max!! can`t wait to see this studio finished!! :)
are there any picutres / renderings from mika of your recording-room?

greetings from switzerland,
markus

edit: just found the renderings of the rec-room on page 5... ;)

Thanks man :D
f*cking awesome max!! can`t wait to see this studio finished!! :)
are there any picutres / renderings from mika of your recording-room?

greetings from switzerland,
markus

edit: just found the renderings of the rec-room on page 5... ;)
Haha me neither, and there's still so much left to do :cry: :loco:

That's the best I could manage with the iPhone cam:
studio.JPG

That's going to look badass once you get the wood spacers installed, and I don't think the wood being visible is such a bad thing. If you REALLY hate it, now would be the time to go back and paint them primer white or something, but I don't think it will really matter (especially once the veneer strips are installed).

Willing to bet the room sounds amazing already, too!

what monitors are those? they look incredible?!

more importantly how do they sound?
Those are a pair of Adam S3A and they sound amazing :headbang:
That's going to look badass once you get the wood spacers installed, and I don't think the wood being visible is such a bad thing. If you REALLY hate it, now would be the time to go back and paint them primer white or something, but I don't think it will really matter (especially once the veneer strips are installed).

Willing to bet the room sounds amazing already, too!
Yeah, thanks for the input. It doesn't really bug me now, but it was pretty bad before we went with the two layers of fabric. Depending on the light I can't even see behind the fabric, and if so I don't really care. The veneer strips (that was the word I was looking for :lol: ) will catch the attention of the viewers more than the wooden frames, I guess.

Those are a pair of Adam S3A and they sound amazing :headbang:

Yeah, thanks for the input. It doesn't really bug me now, but it was pretty bad before we went with the two layers of fabric. Depending on the light I can't even see behind the fabric, and if so I don't really care. The veneer strips (that was the word I was looking for :lol: ) will catch the attention of the viewers more than the wooden frames, I guess.

if you dont mind me asking, minus the pro-audio gear how much has the build cost you to date as im looking at tackling this myself?

if you dont mind me asking, minus the pro-audio gear how much has the build cost you to date as im looking at tackling this myself?
Honestly, I'm not really comfortable with spreading it over the net.. it wasn't cheap, but it could have been a lot more expensive if I hadn't done most of the work myself/with friends/family.. and hiring Mika (the studio-designer and acoustician) spared me a lot of errors and money, too. He was the most important factor in the whole building process, seriously! Money well spent.

The single most expensive things were air-condition, noise protection windows, the floor, and the multicore. Those costs differ vastly from country to country / vendor. I'm sure the AC can be a lot cheaper, but I needed one that could heat aswell and is quiet.

The next most epensive things are the small things: screws, brackets, clamps.... seriously :erk:

The thing is, if you hire a studio-designer you will discuss your budget for the construction, and if he's good (and your budget is realistic) he will manage to get below what you're aiming. I am still a few thousand below my budget (I instantly spent that on gear anyway :lol: )
___

Some progress today, we managed to finish a few things that are really time-consuming but not very visible :erk:
At least we finished the cabinet / locker (dunno how it's called really) and the couch.
I'd like to clean everything up a bit more, but it's 1 a.m. and I've got a band coming in tomorrow.. going straight to bed now, gn8 everyone.

PS: Oh and we hung the cloud a bit higher (the one in the back), the rooms instantly felt bigger. I will measure the possible impact on acoustics. Here's hoping it's not too bad.
IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

Aaah dude I´m jelly^^

We put in my studio window today, but it´s still soooo much to do. I´m demotivated. But I have beer ;)

Aaah dude I´m jelly^^

We put in my studio window today, but it´s still soooo much to do. I´m demotivated. But I have beer ;)
Thanks Chris ;) Yeah I read it on Facebook, awesome. Do want studio window :(
I know how you're feeling, I felt demotivated probably 80% of the time haha. The work is just overwhelming, especially when you have other things to take care of (school,uni, in my case: moving etc). Think of the awesomeness in the end, and how you walk into the studio and know exactly how much work you've put into it and how good looking and sounding it is :worship:
Imho it's more fun than letting people build your studio, building it yourself makes for a whole new level of appreciation.

That is such a nice room. Makes me envious to an extent. I hope you have many memorable moments in your space.

@jipchen, wow, what a thread, i just discovered that for the first time.
congratulations, your studio really looks awesome!!!!