Pseudo Intellectuals and Opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
cityofthemoon666 said:
Ok, so ive got these friends who are the typical "free thinking arty people" you know open to everything blah blah blah, into tool etc beleive everything tool say etc

but id been bugging them to listen to a bit of opeth because i thought they might like it, i told them about the death vocals but the music was good, they are both musicians, really good musicians, drums and bass, they saw about half of lamentations and hated it, but the reason they gave me was that they both have a prejudice against guitar players, and because opeth is very guitar based they hated it, now, these are teh people that are supposed to be "open to every music" but they disregarded it one listen because "they dont liek guitarbased"

this pisses me off

does anyone have any wanky art people they know like this
Guitar based or not, have him listen to Ayreon: The Human Equation.

Then watch his balls grow as he feels extra elite after having a listen.

Maynard i think is a better singer. He lets emotion flow out of him. Mikael even though his roars are brutal and angry, its like they never sound like they are truly in pain. It sounds like its more of an accesory or a novelty, A voice too put on when the time is right and it does sound unatural. And Mikes voice even though it could obviously show beauty and anger at different times, Maynard has just about everyrange possible needed for hatred, anger and frustration. His voice is very appealing.

I think that in first row is MJK crazy and Mike is mentally normal.
MJK is definitely better performer and singer, on the other side is Mike better music composer, IMO.
I like TOOL more than Opeth, but TOOL is more than MJK, Opeth is mainly Mike.

Does anyone know how much MJK interferes to TOOL´s music?

Well, listening to 'Invisible' right now, I hear a voice. A good one. His shit with Nightingale is good. Different style to both Mike and Gildenlöw - it's more of an 80s metal/rock voice, but it's good. And his growls with Edge of Sanity definitely compete with Mike, imo. But hey - I'm not one to argue subjectivity.

-Vintersorg- said:
Well, listening to 'Invisible' right now, I hear a voice. A good one. His shit with Nightingale is good. Different style to both Mike and Gildenlöw - it's more of an 80s metal/rock voice, but it's good. And his growls with Edge of Sanity definitely compete with Mike, imo. But hey - I'm not one to argue subjectivity.
:worship: EoS, Nightingale, Unicorn. Eternally at the top of my favorites list.

-Vintersorg- said:
Swanö has fucking awesome variety. He's a fucking excellent vocalist, imo. The vocalists Ken named are probably my top 3, at the moment at least.

me too...me too:hotjump:
IMO any good musician or vocalist or both should have markings on at least one of the letters in his/her name

Åkerfeldt,Swanö,Gildenlöw,Tägtgren,Nyström and the recently added Keenän:D

affinityband said:
Thats the first time i ever heardthat name. Paradoxile could you tell me what orphaned land sounds like. I see your a regualar on their forum.

OL are as I define them an Oriental Progressive Death Metal...they are like any other good band undescribable...you just have to listen to the music...either you like it or not.
Their last album Mabool is a result of 7 years of work and is a true masterpiece...the older albums "Sahara" and "El Norra Alila" are more Old school death metal and less prog. and very Arab oriented.

drop by their site
http://www.orphaned-land.com
they have a couple of videos for the songs "Norra el Norra" and "Ocean Land" from their last album Mabool.that will give you more or less a clue of what their music sounds like...You can ask Kenny too(dropping some of the responsibilty)

Andreas Karlsson is quite a common name in Sweden...There's one in "Another Life" which is basicly Andreas Karlsson from Ribspreader and Dan Swanö.There's also the keyboard player from Draconian and a certain guy by that name that plays in swedish punk band "The turpentines".There's a famous swedish olympic skier that goes by that name...the list is endless...

Status
Not open for further replies.