Pseudo Intellectuals and Opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just assume people who dont like Opeth are retarded somehow...

seems like the most logical explanation

RjBeals said:
Surprising that a drummer doesn't like Opeth. Lopez is a badass drummer and he does stand out on a lot of the tracks. I play guitar and love guitar based music also, but with Opeth, a lot of times it's the drums that blow me away..

Props to Martin Lopez !!

i reckon, he must a pretty fucken unintelligent drummer!

Maynard is a jackass. Mikael is one of the nicest and most personable musicans you could hope to meet. Mikael > Maynard in every way.

boy, some of u say intellectual like its a dirty word. whats wrong w/ being widely read and well-cultured? some intellectuals r elitists and snobs, but i tend to think theyre not actually intellectuals. not very intelligent to close ure mind to different experiences. everyone has the right to their own opinion, and if someone doesnt like opeth (how could they not) or likes tool its up to them. expose them to something different and if they close their minds to it, its their loss. if u force them, ure basically saying that ure so close-minded as to not accept that their opinion is worth anything.

alienuth said:
boy, some of u say intellectual like its a dirty word. whats wrong w/ being widely read and well-cultured?

I have problems with 'supposed' intellectuals. For example, people that think they are intellectuals because they can quote all of the 'deep' lyrics from Lateralus. These fans somehow think that Tool are the final destination on the path to spiritual fucking enlightenment and have all of the answers to life's mysteries. Fuck all of that bullshit.

There is simply no better computer. I am not talking about my iPod either, my PowerMac g5 Dual 2.7. It simply screams.

And my apple stock when up 15 fold since I bought it at 15 before the split.

And I am listening to Deliverance on iTunes right now.

AND I FUCKING HATE WINDOWS.

I want a computer that works for me, not a computer that I have to work for.

I bought Ghost Reveries through iTunes.

i have a pc and love it. ive worked w/ macs and hated it, but thats just personal preference. i dont know enough to know which is better if either is, i just know that windows works and i know where everything is. the macs my hs had crashed all the time and i couldnt find anything on them.

Tool used to be my favorite band :Smug: Don't kill me! Seriously, I love Aneima and still do (although I rarely ever listen to it). Once I heard Opeth though they became my all time favorite band :) I'm alot more into death metal in general too now. Actually I don't know what I would do without death metal since I was getting bored with everything before I found it :headbang:

Well I love both bands (although Opeth certainly has the upper hand)... And I still can't make out why these guys hate Opeth for being guitar based and yet love Tool? I mean, sure Tool is less guitar based but it doesn't mean it's not guitar oriented at all!

Dumbasses...

Macs suck ass!!!

The only thing they are good for is artist programs, like someone mentioned.

Linux is obviously good for dedicated servers.

PC is t3h pwnage because it has good all-around aspects.

Sorry, thought I had to mention this. Please, continue with the topic.

- you silly, silly people

JoeVice said:
imo windowpane has the coolest bass line in all of opeth's music...and one of the grooviest i have ever heard in all of music.

tool is very beat-oriented imo

I think the best baseline is that really nice "looping" bassline at the start / end of drapery falls

Stimuli said:
I just assume people who dont like Opeth are retarded somehow...

seems like the most logical explanation

Agreed... :)

They don't have the mental capacity to process Opeth's complex and intriqing music, just an opinion Guy's :)

I know wiki.
Do you read your posts? Call someone that don´t like Opeth a person which has not "mental capacity to process Opeth's complex and intriqing music" is fucking retarded. And pseudo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.