QUESTIONS FOR *Morten*

Hey man how do you attain high speed when using the ride and playin 16 notes and at the same time your playin 16th not at the bass drums

2nd when layin up ur drum parts or when tryin to creat them you follow exactly the rythm right? palm mutes and same patterns the guitars do . thanks alot rock on dude.

PHOENIX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zF4QsKkX6k
this is the link of a video with me and the band playin Violate - Iced Earth in our style cheers....

Hey Morten

What is your favorite drumstick...the left or right? Just kidding!

If you could pick anyone...give me 3-famous people that you would like to sit down & have a drink with?

Hey man how do you attain high speed when using the ride and playin 16 notes and at the same time your playin 16th not at the bass drums

I am not sure I know exactly what you mean. Maybe you can refer to a particular song?

2nd when layin up ur drum parts or when tryin to creat them you follow exactly the rythm right? palm mutes and same patterns the guitars do . thanks alot rock on dude.

What is most important is not to put limits on yourself. I always have the overall feeling of the song in mind, and based on that I create the patterns.

Hey Morten!

Man, you look so relaxed when you're playing, do you have to prepare yourself in some way before gigs to get through the set? Oh, and after a gig, do you feel:

a) relaxed
b) tense
c) "it hurts like hell"

And the last question, have you ever hurt yourself during a gig?

Hey Morten!

Man, you look so relaxed when you're playing, do you have to prepare yourself in some way before gigs to get through the set? Oh, and after a gig, do you feel:

a) relaxed
b) tense
c) "it hurts like hell"

And the last question, have you ever hurt yourself during a gig?

Thanks for the compliments :)
I don't really have a "warm up program", but I just try to activate all my muscles in arms and legs. So, after a gig I always feel like "is it over already". I think my answer must be somewhere between a and b :)

I think every drummer with respect to himself has tried to use the fingers and head as a drum. Ouch! :headbang:

Thanks for the compliments :)
I don't really have a "warm up program", but I just try to activate all my muscles in arms and legs. So, after a gig I always feel like "is it over already". I think my answer must be somewhere between a and b :)

I think every drummer with respect to himself has tried to use the fingers and head as a drum. Ouch! :headbang:

Hehe, thanks for the fast reply :p.
And a few other things...

1. Have you tried to see how fast you can play the snare or the bass drums, like beats/min? If you have, how fast did you go, or did the meter brake down before you got to full-speed? :)

2. Has one of your drumsticks slipped from your hand and hit a member of the band or someone in the audience?

Hehe, thanks for the fast reply :p.
And a few other things...

1. Have you tried to see how fast you can play the snare or the bass drums, like beats/min? If you have, how fast did you go, or did the meter brake down before you got to full-speed? :)

2. Has one of your drumsticks slipped from your hand and hit a member of the band or someone in the audience?

1. No, sorry I'm not an athlet.
2. I am absolutely sure about that :)

Hey man you rock well i didnt belived it at first that u answerd my questions , man i love ur music and espcially ur drums you certainly dont use ur instrument as rythms you use it as melodic instrument,anywayz what does it feels a dream come true playin with the legendary matt barlow ?

well i was reffering to souls in pain after the 2nd vers or the solo .
2nd i wanna say that you have empressed me man when i first heard the music i felt like playin the same i mean you cant add anything more ..ur mind is a master peace.the

3rd in the song legend when playin the gungle groove the last strok is the bell ride am i right u used 2 different bells? they sound great

Rock on ---4rth did you watched the Clip i gave you ? what do you think of it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zF4QsKkX6k

Hey man you rock well i didnt belived it at first that u answerd my questions , man i love ur music and espcially ur drums you certainly dont use ur instrument as rythms you use it as melodic instrument,anywayz what does it feels a dream come true playin with the legendary matt barlow ?

Matt has always been one of my favorite singers, so it is great to have him in the Pyramaze fold. Can't wait to make some solid music with him and my other bandmates.

well i was reffering to souls in pain after the 2nd vers or the solo .
2nd i wanna say that you have empressed me man when i first heard the music i felt like playin the same i mean you cant add anything more ..ur mind is a master peace.the

Thank you.

3rd in the song legend when playin the gungle groove the last strok is the bell ride am i right u used 2 different bells? they sound great

In Legend I only use one bell, and that is the one on my 20" Zildjian K Custom Ride.

Rock on ---4rth did you watched the Clip i gave you ? what do you think of it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zF4QsKkX6k

Looks like a hot practice :headbang:

Halloj! Who were your influences, and what made you start drumming?

/Uutela :worship:

My first influences was Guns 'n' Roses, Metallica, King Diamond, Ozzy Osbourne and Roxette (not shit :)

I started taking drum classes together with a school mate. Only a few weeks later he dropped it, but I was already sold, and just kept going. The fun part was of course to play along while having your idols in headphones :headbang: