Racism thread.

dorian gray said:
Jesus, you're a bitter young man. Never mind that I'm quoting some of the most brilliant, most well-researched minds of anthropology and evolutionary history. You, a 20 year old student of "music engineering" or whatever apparently know alot more than they do! Good for you!
lol way to use ad hominems instead of addressing my actual argument

dorian gray said:
:lol: Total speculation, man. At least I quoted some research.
there is no speculation there whatsoever. point to ONE SINGLE THING i've said that is speculation? WAIT WAIT WAIT i'll spoil this for you: I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONSIDERED SPECULATION IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD

sounds like someone just took a class on *drum roll please*
FALLACIES OF LOGIC!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

so do you want to try to belittle someone obviously superior to you for much longer or are we done here yet? it's ok, i'll let you have the last word and you can post some quasi-funny LOL LOOK AT HIM HE CAN TYPE ON THE COMPUTER DID YOU LEARN THAT IN SCHOOL HAHA bullshit and pretend you're NOT leaving this thread with your head hung in shame from being totally and utterly fucking owned by someone half your age and twice your capability for logical thought and argumentation

Erik said:

Before I even looked at the wikipedia page I thought "yeah, this is a total social construct." I guess I'm not the only one.

take two "specific groups of people": african negroids and european caucasians. negroids have brown skin, curly black hair, bigger lips, brown eyes, etc, and those are just some of very shallow differences. there's your "very specific characteristics"; no other human race has those characteristics in that combination. all members of the negroid race do.

yeah, but as you move from the heart of africa you see the brown skin, curly black hair, bigger lips, brown eyes, etc., and you move, say, more north, you will begin to see those change gradually. You will begin to see those things fade until you reach somewhere like scandinavia or russia and everyone is light skinned and thinner lips and variations in eye color, etc. Like, it's not abrupt. The people from the middle east or mediterranean will still have dark skin and brown eyes, but their hair is straight and the lips are smaller. So the differences are there, but that is not to say that they hold any real relevance. So this certain trait is better suited for this situation will be marginally benefical.

From a genetic and anatomical standpoint, these are VERY shallow differences. A mongoloid's stomach works exactly the same way (on a whole) as a negroid. And doctors can do medical procedures with any type of person because anatomicaly and physiologically, there is very little differences. So, let's say you put a pure negroid into a place like Sweden, for example, with all the traits you mention. Trace that lineage for several million years and most likely you will begin to see a shift in those traits. Like dark skin ---> fair skinned due to the environment.

Edit: @ Erik

With all due respect, I'm not sure what else you want me to do with this. I made a claim, you made a counter-claim, I backed my claim up with citations based on research, you continued to argue. Further, you started the ad hominem attack by calling my claim out to be "bullshit" which, in scholarly discourse, is considered quite rude and unnecessary. If I recall correctly, that seems to be your Standard Operating Procedure.
Anyway, I'll post more research if you want, I just don't think you should continue claiming you've won some kind of argument. Currently, you have yet to post anything of substance.

Furious B said:
Before I even looked at the wikipedia page I thought "yeah, this is a total social construct." I guess I'm not the only one.
no, but i'm certainly not the only one to think that the DENIAL that there are different human races is a social construct (to use an euphemism for "outright fucking lie")

Furious B said:
yeah, but as you move from the heart of africa you see the brown skin, curly black hair, bigger lips, brown eyes, etc., and you move, say, more north, you will begin to see those change gradually. You will begin to see those things fade until you reach somewhere like scandinavia or russia and everyone is light skinned and thinner lips and variations in eye color, etc. Like, it's not abrupt.
there are variations within the negroid race, yes. much like europeans are very different. you can distinguish between a pole, a swede, a brit, a greek, etc very easily. BUT every man can be classified into one of four or five main races pretty easily. while an egyptian may be paler than some central african dude, some traits of the negroid like the curly hair and brown eyes do NOT "fade gradually" or anything like that. they are characteristics of the negroid race and the negroid race only.

The people from the middle east or mediterranean will still have dark skin and brown eyes, but their hair is straight and the lips are smaller.
yeah, those are not negroids.

So the differences are there but that is not to say that they hold any real relevance. From a genetic and anatomical standpoint, these are VERY shallow differences. A mongoloid's stomach works exactly the same way (on a whole) as a negroid. And doctors can do medical procedures with any type of person because anatomicaly and physiologically, there is very little differences.
i've never argued for or against "relevance" or "shallowness" of racial characteristics

lizard said:
LOL if one day Erik needs a blood transfusion and the only potential donor is a black guy :loco:
ughhh "oh no he's arguing that there are different races do we have to accept such blatant my pals bashing in our friendly community!"

Erik said:
. you can distinguish between a pole, a swede, a brit, a greek, etc very easily. BUT every man can be classified into one of four or five main races pretty easily.
I find it interesting that you think one can distinguish certain members of a nation-state by certain physical features determined by millenia of adaptive measures. Secondly, would you care to name the "four or five" classifications of race? It should be pretty easy.

dorian gray said:
I find it interesting that you think one can distinguish certain members of a nation-state by certain physical features determined by millenia of adaptive measures.
how is that interesting

dorian gray said:
Secondly, would you care to name the "four or five" classifications of race? It should be pretty easy.
australioid, negroid, kanthoeroi, mongoloid, melanochroi

lizard said:
nobody's arguing that there are not different races.
I'm trying to argue that it's not scientifically valid. Maybe it was at one point, but not anymore. It's not something that I came up with on my own, I read it in a book. I mean, I'm not much of an evolutionary scientist.

dorian gray said:
Citations please.
use google yourself this shit is not rocket science

though of course how many main races there are and which they are and how they came to be is different depending on who you ask, the lines are pretty blurry i guess

Germany has demanded a rethink on EU guidelines on condom size after finding its average penis did not measure up. Doctors around Essen were ordered by the government's health department to check out the average size suggested by Brussels. They reported the EU has overestimated the size of the average penis by almost 20% and insist other countries will discover the same.

Urologist Gunther Hagler, head of the team compiling the research, said: "By checking hundreds of patients we found German penises were too small for standard EU condoms. "On average they were 14.48 cms long and 3.95 cms wide. That makes them much smaller than the EU standard condom size of 17 cms in length and 5.6 cms in width." He denied the German man was any smaller than the rest of Europe, adding: "We think the EU has got its sums wrong, and if other countries were to check out their men's assets they would find the EU has made a mistake in its calculations.

"There should be a rethink and the EU statisticians should check their figures again. After all, they have also ruled EU standard condoms should be able to hold 18 litres of fluid without breaking, which also seems a bit excessive."
ba kls