Racism thread.

Pyrus said:
Judaism's an ethnicity, a culture, and a religion all in one. I'm really fucking far from observant (the last time I went to a synagogue was to see a free showing of The Producers), but I consider myself Jewish regardless.
if this was directed at me in part, what i meant to say was ripping on jews is...i guess something of an anachronism. in my experience it's much rarer to find people who genuinely hate jewish people than who genuinely hate blacks or hispanics, and the people who do tend to be crazier in the whole "jewish zionist conspiracy" thing. so i guess you could say calling somebody a "jew" is (to me anyway) poking more fun at those people than at jewish people themselves, dig it?

also i'd never really heard people saying "ah don't be so jewish" or whatnot until university, apparently this is really common in other parts of the u.s.? not where i'm from anyway, i.e. land of iron-fisted political correctness

Pyrus said:
Judaism's an ethnicity, a culture, and a religion all in one. I'm really fucking far from observant (the last time I went to a synagogue was to see a free showing of The Producers), but I consider myself Jewish regardless.

And I have no patience or tolerance for racism.

I saw some grafitti on the sidewalk in Vancouver today. It consisted of a swastika and the phrase "KILL ALL NIGGES." Spelled like that. If you can't fucking spell your own racist epithets, you got far bigger problems than black men raping your pure Aryan princess daughters. Why is it that the biggest proponents of racial supremacy tend to be the most convincing testimony against it?

Oh yeah, cause it's fucking retarded.

I think Tully nailed it a page back, I'm too lazy to quote but you all know what I'm talking about.

Dude you are spot on but jews are of multiple ethnicities...and hence another example of racism, the lack of enthusiasm of israel to embrace the african jews.

Pyrus- pm me, dude.

Pyrus said:
Oh, I was just defining what (I think) Judaism is since there was some debate about it in earlier pages.
ah right, i realized this a bit later but i didn't want to bother with another post explaining it

i m lzy

MACACA

Allen Quip Provokes Outrage, Apology
Name Insults Webb Volunteer

By Tim Craig and Michael D. Shear
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, August 15, 2006; A01

RICHMOND, Aug. 14 -- Virginia Sen. George Allen (R) apologized Monday for what his opponent's campaign said were demeaning and insensitive comments the senator made to a 20-year-old volunteer of Indian descent.

At a campaign rally in southwest Virginia on Friday, Allen repeatedly called a volunteer for Democrat James Webb "macaca." During the speech in Breaks, near the Kentucky border, Allen began by saying that he was "going to run this campaign on positive, constructive ideas" and then pointed at S.R. Sidarth in the crowd.

"This fellow here, over here with the yellow shirt, macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent. He's following us around everywhere. And it's just great," Allen said, as his supporters began to laugh. After saying that Webb was raising money in California with a "bunch of Hollywood movie moguls," Allen said, "Let's give a welcome to macaca, here. Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia." Allen then began talking about the "war on terror."

Depending on how it is spelled, the word macaca could mean either a monkey that inhabits the Eastern Hemisphere or a town in South Africa. In some European cultures, macaca is also considered a racial slur against African immigrants, according to several Web sites that track ethnic slurs.

"The kid has a name," Webb communications director Kristian Denny Todd said of Sidarth, a Virginia native who was born in Fairfax County.

I'm not actually racist, as in I don't hate other races, but I believe there are huge differences between races and sometimes I wonder why the fuck jews keep trying to dominate the world and why the fuck every black settlement anywhere turns to a complete shithole of crime and poverty in approx 4 seconds

dorian gray said:
So, yeah, I'm not racist as there ISN'T such a thing as race. It's not scientifically valid.
This is total bullshit and can be debunked in about 12 seconds by anyone that cares to set you straight more than I do

lizard said:
there are differences, but in the totality of DNA, they are virtually insignificant.

for instance, humans and chimps are something like 98% identical in dna.
It doesn't matter one fucking bit if the difference in the DNA code is insignificant, as the differences that do exist are NOT insignificant and VERY noticable in, you know, reality

Erik:
insplogicpreview.jpg

:cry:

lizard said:
yeah but what I'm saying is, the differences are primarily superficial in hature
I could argue that some of the differences aren't, but my point was that race DOES exist and racial differences ARE scientifically provable

I mean jesus fucking christ, you only have to LOOK at a negro and a caucasian to notice racial differences -- ever notice how one is brown and the other is quite a bit paler, for instance?

To make the public actually believe and vehemently defend the utterly fucking obvious lie that the concept of human races doesn't exist must be one of the greatest & most psychologically interesting accomplishments of this dumbfucked shit society... If you repeat a blatant lie long enough, apparently people just start believing in it without questioning it at all or using actual rational thought

Erik said:
This is total bullshit and can be debunked in about 12 seconds by anyone that cares to set you straight more than I do
haha why don't you care? Lazy my pals.

Erik said:
I could argue that some of the differences aren't, but my point was that race DOES exist and racial differences ARE scientifically provable

I mean jesus fucking christ, you only have to LOOK at a negro and a caucasian to notice racial differences -- ever notice how one is brown and the other is quite a bit paler, for instance?

To make the public actually believe and vehemently defend the utterly fucking obvious lie that the concept of human races doesn't exist must be one of the greatest & most psychologically interesting accomplishments of this dumbfucked shit society... If you repeat a blatant lie long enough, apparently people just start believing in it without questioning it at all or using actual rational thought
Look, asshole, is there a way to quantify anything you just said? Has it occured to you that the "races" you mentioned might not be so cut and dry? Is it possible that people of different "races" may have procreated once or twice in human history? My wife's dad was black and her mom is white. Which "race" does she fall under then? I never said there weren't differences in superficial human characteristics, just that the idea of "race" isn't "scientifically valid".