Re-opening the Nebula for cabs discussion

Great news, however I can not seem to load these impulses, Nebula ignores these files. I tried deleting the temp folder too, however N3 creates xml files for all other impulses in temp folder but these. I have "Nebula3 - NAT3 1.3.251" installed. Can anyone give a clue for what I might be doing wrong?

Best Regards...

I'm still testing right now. I've determined that power amps matter. I am capable of doing two microphones at once. Or twelve. I've determined that offline mode works fine. This is fun :)

Also Vintage 30s are my lord.

Great news, however I can not seem to load these impulses, Nebula ignores these files. I tried deleting the temp folder too, however N3 creates xml files for all other impulses in temp folder but these. I have "Nebula3 - NAT3 1.3.251" installed. Can anyone give a clue for what I might be doing wrong?

Best Regards...

Did you register Nebula properly? It won't load the files completely unless you've got the .ser file and everything. It requires a bit of communication with the guys at Acustica. I'd check their forums.

Did you register Nebula properly? It won't load the files completely unless you've got the .ser file and everything. It requires a bit of communication with the guys at Acustica. I'd check their forums.

I registered properly, I can see your previous releases under AE folder. Also the 3rd party libraries I bought from Mangel as well. :erk:

What is the realtime latency of Nebula like, AE?

Well, it's an intense process, so I don't even bother to test latency. I'll track with one or two open, but any more than that, and I'm bouncing audio down and re-importing it into the project.

I can load eight instances of Nebula with a cab program open before my system teeters a bit.

I made a few more programs today, but nothing really special. I'll post them a little later. I might try to get another go tonight and include some microphones other than the I5.

Okay, there are no real cab comparisons this time. I didn't make any changes to my sampling process apart from trying out two microphones for some offline sampling. I'm not going to do any more cab samples with two microphones for a while, I tried my hand at it, and it's a difficult procedure. So, any 2xi5 cabs here: They're probably not that accurate. They still sound fine, though.

1) I5, Blue Voodoo power section, Marshall 74 cab with V30s - This son of a bitch has some serious low end to it. I had the presence all the way down for this one, so when I try my hand at it again, I'll fiddle around with it.

2) I5, 5150 block letter power section, Marshall 74 cab with V30s - I think the presence was all the way down on this one. I forgot to take notes about it :(

3) I5, 5150 block letter power section, Marshall 74 cab with V30s, second go - I think I turned presence up on this one. Forgot to take notes again.

4) Two I5s, 5150 block letter power section, Marshall 74 cab with V30s - The first of my dual I5 attempts. I was trying to get a feel for how phase and offset would work with offline sessions, and it's not impossible, but I'm stabbing in the dark with it. I have to figure out if the offset that I set in NAT is used in offline sampling. Pretty sure it is. Bleh.

5) I5, 5150 block letter power section, Marshall MG cab with two V30s and two Eminence Legend 125s. Mic'd the 125s. - Yep.

6) I5, Marshall 9100 power section (both sides, one per cab), Marshall 74 cab with V30s and Marshall MG cab with Legends - I put one mic on each cab and went with it. I used my own power amp here.

---

Ultimately, though, here's what I accomplished: Offline sampling works just as well as online sampling. This means that I can modify waveforms before they hit Nebula. I can cut some low, boost some mids, possibly kill hum, adjust phase, etcetera. I think the 5150 gave off more hum than both the 9100 and the Blue Voodoo, so at this point, I'm more inclined to use the other two.

Someone needs to try these!

Also, I'd just like to propose that now that we can get 99.9% accuracy with cab modeling, I'm almost completely worthless because this is all seriously done in a small room in an apartment. It's juuust about impossible to get a good room tone here.

Okay, there are no real cab comparisons this time. I didn't make any changes to my sampling process apart from trying out two microphones for some offline sampling. I'm not going to do any more cab samples with two microphones for a while, I tried my hand at it, and it's a difficult procedure. So, any 2xi5 cabs here: They're probably not that accurate. They still sound fine, though.

Someone needs to try these!

I'm playing with these right now. These are sounding great, it will be really great when one of the impulse gurus takes a whack at it.

Got another one for you. I took the source files from the Blue Voodoo program from up above, boosted some hi frequencies with the Doc Fear EQ by 4db, and deconvolved the files again. This preset fucking rules
yes.gif

http://www.myspoonistoobig.net/neb/i5-bv-74-off-2.rar

Whats the diff. between the .n2p and .n2v files?

Do I need to throw them both in the programs folder?

Whats the diff. between the .n2p and .n2v files?

Do I need to throw them both in the programs folder?

The .n2p is your program file. That's gonna go in the "programs" folder. The .n2v is the vector file, and contains all of the actual sound information. That goes in the "vectors" folder.

Shouldn't there be an xml file?

On the subject of getting great sounding impulses, would it be possible to send a wav of a Nebula "sweep" to Kazrog or Catharsis to get a few kickass programs?

I haven't made any Nebula programs so I'm not familiar with the procedure.

Nevermind, there was something else wrong with Nebula and I fixed it with a reinstall.

These programs sound pretty cool, but again I'd like to hear what Ryan or Shane could do. :heh:

Thanks for all your hard work!

Shouldn't there be an xml file?

On the subject of getting great sounding impulses, would it be possible to send a wav of a Nebula "sweep" to Kazrog or Catharsis to get a few kickass programs?

I haven't made any Nebula programs so I'm not familiar with the procedure.

:eek:

HOLY SHIT

Wouldn't they need NAT to deconvolve said sweep after they've run it through their own gear though? This whole thing is reliant on people paying for Nebula :lol:

No, because NAT has an offline deconvolver! I generate a test tone, Catharsis records it and modifies it however he wants and sends it back, and I deconvolve it.

Holy shit.

Edit: I wonder if that actually goes against the Acustica policies, though. I better look into that.

Policies aside, it would probably be a wise idea for Acusticaudio to allow it.

If the results are as awesome as I've been hoping, there would probably be an influx of new Nebula customers, and Acusticaudio would dominate yet another niche of the otherwise untouched volterra-kernel market.

I sent Catharsis a link to the test tone I use. If anyone else is interested in trying it, PM me, and I'll link you to the test tone!