Recabinet

The difference is definitely noticeable, the EL34 tubes have more mids and a more subtle attack, the 6L6 tubes are more scooped and percussive. Different preamps/settings are going to show this difference more than others, also some of the cabinets in the full version show the difference more, in particular the Marshall Hand Wired, which really sings with EL34s.

ah, cool, many thanks for elaborating on this! :)

No idea why I never received that mail. The subscription was successful (otherwise it wouldn't deny a second sign up).

Well, whatever... Thanks for sending the link Shane! Will give it a go tomorrow.

This is very strange. I have to wonder if your email providers are blocking this stuff without giving you a choice to even view it? Weird...

Very sorry about this! Check your PM box.

it's all good...the impulses are on my HD for my playing pleasure, so i have nothing to bitch about

Me too...

Just PM'd you...

A word about the email thing - I'm not trying to make this demo difficult to download - quite the opposite. I just want to make sure everyone gets a reminder when the full version comes out, and stays in the loop about updates. I may rethink my strategy there given how widespread this problem seems...

Again I'm really sorry about the issues, it seems that the big mainstream providers are blocking more and more emails outright for some reason (probably due to phishing attacks.) Lots of problems with this lately, with my web design clients and lots of other people I know.

This morning my first attempt to get the demo failed with a hotmail account but worked successfully with a gmail account.

I've been testing these impulses a bit today and find them quite dark for my preferences but I must say the low mids on these are excellent.

Just wanna say, I love the graphic design for the background and especially the "Recabinet" text, Kag - your handywork?

So I've made a couple of decisions based on the Sneap Forum feedback, as well as some eerily identical feedback I've gotten from other people:
  • The demo has been expanded from 8 to 32 impulses, starting now. Same link location! In fact, here's the link for those of you who've had problems with the authorization emails. :cool:
  • The price will be lowered from $79.99 to $39.99, starting when Recabinet 1.0 goes on sale November 4, through January 1, 2009.
I think you guys who've had muddiness issues with the previous demo will enjoy the "cap" impulses, they've got lots of high end, and sound great by themselves or blended.

The Demo Impulses are great! As a guitar player oriented more in the solo guitar sounds. I would like to have some Borner and Carvin Cabinet Impulses. the Sound of Bogner Extasy Power Amp will be awesome!
Also some tutorials with info how to combine the mic positions and different microphones together would be great addition!
Dimi

wow...i don't use impulses alot but at that price i'm definately picking it up anyway...had a quick play around with the demo impulses and a johnson j-station...sounded great!

Kudos on the demo expansion. I did give the first group a spin, but like others I was having a hard time getting some high end without drastic EQ which sounded pretty harsh. Thanksfully I'm off work early today, so I'll give these other mic positions a try. Hopefully I'll have something to post.