Recommend me good bands with female voice

I'm actually going to be starting a prog band with a female vocalist, cuz well...I think it's awesome shit. I don't know of a lot of really good bands like that (Which is one of the reasons why I'm starting this band), but some personal favorites are Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Sinergy, and Lullacry (not as "metal"). If I could think of more, I'd tell you, but I'm at a loss, so yeah.

It's hard for me to get into metal bands with female vocals, since I'm so used to hearing male voices. Don't bother with Arch Enemy. I'd say Within Temptation is pretty good, but I can't listen to their stuff for too long because it starts to get on my nerves. Other bands to listen to include ABBA, Heart, and The Carpenters. Enjoy!

Ambeon - Arjen Lucassen side project
Amaran
Brave
Chalice
Dreams of Sanity
Sinphonia
Madder Mortem
The Gathering
Lana Lane - Secrets of Astrology has Lucassen on guitars
Mastermind
White Willow
Aghora
Arabesque
Delight

These two also have male growling vocals
Trail of Tears
Seraphim

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Edenbridge. I think they are amazing, and the album Arcana is extremly good from start to finish. I view them as a much more mature Nightwish, and stylistically it's more melody and atmosphere based. Their newest album is horrid, but the first two are really good, and I would highly recommend at least Arcana to any melodic metal/prog fan

Emanuele said:
I can suggest french prog metal band Headline. Listen to "Exorcise me" for a good sample of their sound.
I saw them opening up for Symphony X here in Holland. I honestly thought they were the worst prog-metal band I've ever heard in my entire life. That old woman who sings for them really can't sing live.

After Forever
Epica
Theatre of Tragedy (old)
Sirenia
Tristania
Trail of Tears
Draconian
Within temptation
Dying Tears
Macbeth
Lacuna Coil (maybe)
Therion

Elis
Leaves eyes
The gathering (old)
Alas
Aesma Daeva
Rain Fell Within
Atrox
Artrosis
Penumbra
Flowing Tears

eh, that's enough for a while

There is a band I have brought up before that is female fronted and the band even is described as being halfway between Nightwish and Lacuna Coil. The band is called Mercury Rain and their official forum is actually here on UM, give them a try. They are still not too well known because they don't have a label and do pretty much everything themselves, but they are good enough that Therion has them opening for them on their most recent tour.