RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Isle said:
Can someone recommend me some simple, pounding, head-banging death metal along the lines of Bolt Thrower, with no fancy riffery and just straight to the point arrangements.

Rottrevore - Iniquitous
Seance - Saltrubbed Eyes
Grave - Into the Grave
Sinister - Cross the Styx
Lemming Project - Extinction
Authorize - The Source of Dominion

The_Isle said:
Can someone recommend me some simple, pounding, head-banging death metal along the lines of Bolt Thrower, with no fancy riffery and just straight to the point arrangements.

Vore
Asphyx
Slugathor
Kaamos

OK guys. I want GOOD FUCKING POWER METAL. My favorite power metal album is Secret Sphere - Mistress Of The Shadowlight, and I really dig Celesty...so go off those tips if you please.

Basically, my critera consists of:

-cheesy and gay
-keep the ballads/relationship shit to a minimum
-not too many songs, i hate power metal that tries to force being over an hour with more than 11 songs (intros don't really count towards this though)
-catchy and...well, powerful. at least pretty good riffs, and good keyboards. vocalist must be able to stay in tune and have a nice powerful voice (but NOT overwhelmingly so)

Thanks!

V.V.V.V.V. said:
OK guys. I want GOOD FUCKING POWER METAL. My favorite power metal album is Secret Sphere - Mistress Of The Shadowlight, and I really dig Celesty...so go off those tips if you please.

Basically, my critera consists of:

-cheesy and gay
-keep the ballads/relationship shit to a minimum
-not too many songs, i hate power metal that tries to force being over an hour with more than 11 songs (intros don't really count towards this though)
-catchy and...well, powerful. at least pretty good riffs, and good keyboards. vocalist must be able to stay in tune and have a nice powerful voice (but NOT overwhelmingly so)

Thanks!

Helstar if you don't know them, pretty good power/thrash stuff.
Sanctuary
Serpent's Knight
The Ring
The Stormrider
Winter's Bane

So not particularly "gay" but still good stuff.

Yeah I know it is haha, I'd very much appreciate it!

@Krig: Yeah maybe...a bit less well-produced (if that makes any sense)...but I like it way better because it's not so over the top.

i have been in a black-metal-exploration-phase, but im getting sick of it. there are a few BM bands i like, such as dimmu, emperor, immortal, but the genre my heart truly belongs to is melodic death metal. hell, just some death metal would be nice.

how about some melodic death with brutal fucking riffs and breakdowns, along the lines of arch enemy?

and how about something along the lines of behemoth?

Mike27 said:
i have been in a black-metal-exploration-phase, but im getting sick of it. there are a few BM bands i like, such as dimmu, emperor, immortal, but the genre my heart truly belongs to is melodic death metal. hell, just some death metal would be nice.

how about some melodic death with brutal fucking riffs and breakdowns, along the lines of arch enemy?

and how about something along the lines of behemoth?

Hypocrisy
Nile
Kronos
Vader
Amon Amarth
Bolt Thrower
Bloodbath

All of these bands incorporate melodies into their songs by certain degrees with varying brutality.

Status
Not open for further replies.