RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ohiogrinder: Have you heard Hemophilia? It's a crazy Mike Patton noisy jazz project with Ikue Mori and some other guy (perhaps Zorn?). Good shit.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
@ohiogrinder: Have you heard Hemophilia? It's a crazy Mike Patton noisy jazz project with Ikue Mori and some other guy (perhaps Zorn?). Good shit.

no but I shall check it out

another weird band I know: Upsidedown Cross

V.V.V.V.V. said:

I'll have to check this out

I listened to this band Farmers Market one time. They had a song that was all techno-y but it was all done by accordion. it was fricken sweet

So...epic death metal with keyboards/atmosphere of some sort...gotcha:

Noctiferia - Per Aspera
Dawn Of Dreams - Darklight Awakening
Nocturnus - The Key
Psypheria - Embrace The Mutation

Perhaps...

ohiogrinder said:
I can't answer your question, but as a grindcore fan, doesn't Melbourne have a huge grind scene?

To be honest I'm not really sure, there's a few I know of, but not sure if they're any good or not - Blood Duster (the most obvious), Fuck I'm Dead, The Kill, The Day Everything Became Nothing, just check MA. I'm not from Melbourne, just heading over there for a holiday next week.

Technical death metal similar to Sceptic... I used to hate solos, but after I heard Sceptic, I'm a fan of solos if done well.

Thanks

My favorite Burzum ALBUM (as a whole album to play through) is Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (though the songs lack memorability outside of the context of the album), but my favorite Burzum SONGS are on Burzum/Aske, but it feels kind of disjointed when played through completely...so it's your call.

Hliðskjálf is also good but it's neo-folk/ambient and not black metal.

nissan said:
Technical death metal similar to Sceptic... I used to hate solos, but after I heard Sceptic, I'm a fan of solos if done well.

Martyr - Warp Zone
Gory Blister - Skymorphosis
Blastfame - Abstract Evolution

Authentic Metalhead said:
What are the best Katatonia/My Dying Bride albums to start with?

Dance Of December Souls for Katatonia, Turn Loose The Swans for My Dying Bride.

Speaking of D666, when the fuck are the coming out with a new album? It's about time. I think that Phoenix Rising is their best CD. Then Cold Steel, and then Unchain the Wolves. I am sure I'm the only one here that would rank their full lengths that way.

No, most people put "Phoenix Rising" first and I've seen more and more people say "Unchain the Wolves" is overrated.

I've heard they may be done putting out albums/EPs/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.