RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard a tune from Sabaton on this site: http://myspace.com/ragingmetalradio

The tune was Primo Victoria and was pretty bad ass. Reminds me of a more orchestral Grave Digger. Is this tune a good example of the rest of the album's quality? How are their other albums?

EDIT: I just watched the video for Attero Dominatus and that was awesome as well. It's Grave Digger meets Nightwish (and the tune was very reminiscent to Wishmaster).

Behemoth isn't unique at all really; they're pretty typical modern death metal with some black leanings here and there with occult imagery and themes. A lot of Polish DM sounds like 'em.

Hammer of Might said:
I guess it's their combination of 'industrial' style image

...what does that even mean?

I agree with byrne, Behemoth are nothing better than ok. I like Demigod, I also don't understand why Slave Shall Serve is such a hit song, it is kind of boring after >50 replays. I don't like the fact that emo nirvana listeners in my school are fascinated by Behemoth.

A) Nirvana is a great band, and along with ac/dc is the only rock i listen to

B) I dont even like slaves shall serve that much, either. I think it is one of the more average songs on the album.

(M)aggoT said:
I agree with byrne, Behemoth are nothing better than ok. I like Demigod, I also don't understand why Slave Shall Serve is such a hit song, it is kind of boring after >50 replays. I don't like the fact that emo nirvana listeners in my school are fascinated by Behemoth.

The fact that you played it over 50 times says something about it. I love this song, it's the most brutal on the album and I love the first solo in it for some reason. Plus the music video is really cool.

Yes the music video is cool, I prefer Conquer All over Slave Shall Serve, mainly because of the solo in Conquer All.

(M)aggoT said:
Yes the music video is cool, I prefer Conquer All over Slave Shall Serve, mainly because of the solo in Conquer All.
'

Best solo on the album and it was the highlight of the show when I saw them live.

The more I listen to Cryptopsy's "None So Vile" the more I can't get enough of it. What's their next best album with Lord Worm's vox?

(M)aggoT said:
Towards Babylon is equally brutal to Slave Shall Serve IMO.

Slaves Shall Serve is kind of stupid, how he is just screaming for like 4 seconds before music comes in. It is one of my least favorite songs by Behemoth.

Zephyrus said:
The more I listen to Cryptopsy's "None So Vile" the more I can't get enough of it. What's their next best album with Lord Worm's vox?

Many people will say Blasphemy Made Flesh, but I dislike it.

(M)aggoT said:

what does nirvana have to do with emo?

Zephyrus said:

blasphemy made flesh

D3v4S7A710N said:
Sorry, I like Jeff Loomis...

Hahaha

He's a great lead guitarist but his rythmn is very cliche. He's one of those seven stringers that ride/chug the low end e string to much(fear factory,meshuggahj). The low string on a 7 string is probably not E. I play 6 strings and would not know. I don't see the point in playing a 7 string in general let alone if all your riffs are going to involve one or two strings. You can do anything with a 6 string those bands do.

The Greys said:
He's a great lead guitarist but his rythmn is very cliche. He's one of those seven stringers that ride/chug the low end e string to much(fear factory,meshuggahj). The low string on a 7 string is probably not E. I play 6 strings and would not know. I don't see the point in playing a 7 string in general let alone if all your riffs are going to involve one or two strings. You can do anything with a 6 string those bands do.

go listen to "42147" or "The Death of Passion" and tell me his rhythms are cliche(back when they used six string guitars)

the low string on a 7 string guitar is a low B (which Nevermore then tunes down a half step I believe)

Status
Not open for further replies.