RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
AstrumInfinito said:
Well get some dimmu albums (I suggest Death Cult to start, it is not as harsh as black metal). And take note of the Melodic Death bands I gave you. Youll probably like them.

HINT: megaupload
Death cult blows. Best Dimmu albums are Spiritual Black Dimensions, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Stormblast (ORIGINAL VERSION!!!).

Zephyrus said:
exercise the In Flames rec. with caution.

Dark Tranquillity is where it's at, kid.
Dark Tranquillity might be a little harder to grasp for someone new to metal. In Flames is not too bad a starting point, I would recommend their their earlier stuff especially.

Thoth-Amon said:
Death cult blows. Best Dimmu albums are Spiritual Black Dimensions, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Stormblast (ORIGINAL VERSION!!!).
Hmmm... the best Dimmu album is "For All Tid" and.. that's it. Really.

cookiecutter said:
It's easier to ease oneself into metal. I remember Impaled used to scare me when I was first gettings into metal :lol:
:lol: Opeth scared me! And Dimmu Borgir! I thought they were the most evil band ever!

Thoth-Amon said:

First of all, I like death cult. And I am having him listen to that as an introduction; the other albums are for later.

Hahaha I remember I used to think Sonata Arctica's vocals were SO WEIRD. And I remember Anders on Clayman sounded like what my preconceptions of Satan sounded like. :lol:

The first extreme metal song I ever heard in my life was Opeth's "Demon of the Fall". I was convinced that the growls were some computer effect to sound like Satan. I has no idea a human being was capable of that. This was about 3 years ago.

Zephyrus said:
The first extreme metal song I ever heard in my life was Opeth's "Demon of the Fall". I was convinced that the growls were some computer effect to sound like Satan. I has no idea a human being was capable of that. This was about 3 years ago.
Haha...actually his vocals did not include any effects. I remember from an interview Mike did on the gigantour discussion boards, he said the vocals on DOTF were in three tracks, growling, whispered, and sung, by Mike. :headbang: :headbang:

I don't remember being afraid of metal vocals, I felt VERY comfortable with death vocals, but I've always HATED harsh vocals with no musical qualities, ie. later In Flames :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.